Sunday, August 8, 2010

Cry me a river

Sometimes I'm a crazy, emotional mess. I like to blame it on my hormones because that's easy. Truth is, I could just be a big cry baby! I am feeling pretty good now- This coming from a girl who has cried three times today, though.

The first time (today) was this morning as I was getting ready for church. I don't know if this one actually counts on the crying tally because it was more of a situation where I wanted to cry I was so upset, but I really just had a few whiney why me's and then I was done. I woke up and brought the dogs in while I showered and dressed. While attempting to tame my nappy head, I heard the distinct sound of chewing. Dog chewing. Well aware of the fact that I didn't give anyone a bone, I opened the bathroom door to find Drifter chewing on THE FURNITURE! Ahh!! As I was scolding him, Solstice decided to throw up...TWICE because she was hogging the water this morning and drank it all too fast. Great. Just great. I really wanted to mop before going to church. That coffee I had in mind seemed out of the question due to time constraints.

The second time, I teared up at the slideshow at church. It depicted several children in China who had been helped due to an organization that provides money for surgeries they were in need of. The non profit also deals with adoption opportunities. The video was happy for cryin' out loud. I have no idea what my problem is. I was probably crying because I knew I was the last person that could contribute to their organization--I can't even be a good adoptive parent to 3 dogs!

The third time I cried was when I handed over Solstice to her new owners. A friend and fellow Army family took her today and I hated to see her go. It warmed my heart that she seemed eager to go with them and I've also talked to the wife via facebook and am happy to report that she is doing well. She even cuddled up to her one year old daughter today! I miss her, but I know she'll be happy with them.

I'm not sure why I'm teary. I miss J, I suppose. It's so hard to live with my best friend- share my entire life with him and then have to tell him goodbye for weeks at a time. He called me the other day and told me he was proud of me. He said he was proud of the way I handled "things" while he is away and that, dear readers, is one of the best things a military wife can hear from her husband.

Anyway, I'm getting my hair done soon so tell me....
Red?
 OR



[caption id="attachment_1299" align="alignnone" width="181" caption="Blonde?"][/caption]

7 comments:

Laura Weigle said...

Tears are good at times, it seems to me that they are the pressure release gauge and sometimes pent up emotions just gotta come out. What about red with lots of blonde highlights? You can easily do either and pull it off great! Love Mom W.

kimbodarlin said...

You always feel better after a good cry.....hormones or not. As for the hair, you KNOW that I have BLOND daughters! Ha..care package is going in the mail today. Let me know when you get it. Love much! Mom

Page said...

Kace,
Crying in a fruit of compassion. It shows that you are passionate in your feelings --even if it is frustration.

I went through a time when i could barely speak without crying (early in my recovery process) I finally came to the conclusion that just like plants require water to grow, so does our soul. If you find yourself in tears, stop and think "what am i learning from this"

Jenn said...

I am the same way lately. Tears for no reason, tears for frustrations, tears for sadness, tears for missing J, tears because the microwave is going... the list goes on. I've come to the conclusion that tears aren't a bad thing. it's not being a cry baby either. Its just being human. Keep your head up. (actually look up "keep your head up" by Andy Grammer on youtube. He is a friend from school who has the best uplifting music when your feeling down.)

Ok onto hair. You look fantastic with any color. I'm craving going back to red so my vote would be red. It looks amazing on you. To me its a way to spruce things up when I start feeling blah about my appearance. On the other hand I love blonde too. It's a color that doesn't always work for me. You pull it off beautifully.
I guess that probably doesn't help you much, I'm sorry. I can;t wait to see what you pick!!!!!

Lydia said...

yay for soltice!!! and I'd go with the red..!! :)
and btw.. I'm a cry baby as well so dont worry lol.. you'll never be alone in that
xoxo
have a great week!!

Sarah said...

aww girl, I know what you mean. Many a times Graham has asked me why I'm crying and I tearfully respond with, " I don't know! I just feel like it.." LOL!
I like the red for fall and winter and blond for summer- you look great with both tho!

Sarah said...

Well you know I am partial to the blonde :) Simply because that is the memory I have etched in my my mind of my dearest friend. Oops there go my waterworks!! I miss you so much KacySu!

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings