Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Boys of Fall

The crowd is intoxicating with its loud sounds of war and the palpable excitement emenating from the fans that fill the stadium. If you look around, you're bound to see some attractive southern belles in skirts and pearls parading up and down the seat isles. They have their touch of Tennessee orange perfectly cooridinated with the rest of their ensemble. If you find me there though, I'll be the girl with the t-shirt or jersey on, standing up, emersed in every play.


 

100,000 plus fans come from all walks of life to come together for one cause: to cheer on UT football and scream out, "It's GREAT to BE a Tennessee Vol..." Oh, how I cannot wait to get home and back to the SEC- football at its finest.


Fall is definitely my favorite season. It brings with it beautiful, vibrant colors and crisp, fresh air. It also brings the best sport known to man- American Football. Someone remind me why baseball is supposedly America's Favorite Pasttime?

Fall also brings about Halloween which is the coolest celebration ever. Yes, I still go trick or treating! Maybe these costumes will give you an idea of how much I love watching the sport-

 


 



I'm so excited to head south and experience good football again. These Alaskans just don't know how to do it. Who can blame them, though? It's too cold the majority of the year to play outside. As you can imagine, there isn't an abundance of teams to play either. I look forward to spending some time on UT's campus and cheering on my Vols at Neyland Stadium while I'm in town. I was also really excited to see my little brother play for our hometown's high school team, too but he hurt himself  right before the first game and is out for the entire season. What a bummer! He was working so hard at practices and lifting. I think he'll preoccupy himself some other way, though.


Looks like a hard life, right? Happy Birthday, Jake (if you're reading)! I love ya and you're easily the best little brother a sister could ask for.

Go Vols!






5 comments:

lola said...

Love football in the south and all things that Fall brings! :) Go Gators!

Mrs. K said...

Your post a few days ago actually inspired this one! I almost linked to you, but I was afraid of sending lots of Gator Haters your way. ;)

Lydia said...

Here in Puerto Rico, we don't see a lot of people actually playing football.. but boys do see it a lot on tv.. at least, my bf does... and I too love fall.. and Halloween! I love dressing up!! :)
xoxo

B. said...

FALL IS THE BEST!!! I can't wait to start blogging about all things fall. I love it!

Also, I pretty much bleed purple and gold - so while you're decked out in your Vols gear, I'll be cheering on my Pirates! ^_^ Go ECU! (even though they haven't really "gone" anywhere for the past few years...but 2010 is our year!!).

BTW, I'm adding you on WWF!! I'm "joyewonder"

kimbodarlin said...

Just now getting around to responding.....you know we love football season and all things fall!!!! Can't wait to see you next week...sorry you won't get to see your brother play ball...maybe next fall! I told him you mentioned him in your blog....I'm going to let him read it this weekend.....we are planning a little party for his 16th birthday tomorrow...maybe you two can Skype.....Love, ya...Mom

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings