Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Peaceful, Easy Feelin'

This morning has been so serene. I woke up without being startled awake by an alarm, a dog, or an F350 barreling into our gravel driveway. It was nice. I meandered my way downstairs to prepare breakfast for my hungry soldier who was due home any minute. I turned on a little Jack Johnson while I made eggs, bacon, coffee, and chai tea for me. When Captain J arrived, we spent the morning chatting and then later we talked about how the upcoming month will be difficult for us. Oh, how I'll miss him.


After he left for work, I brought our dear dogs inside. Drifter is chewing on a bone and Holly is demanding attention as we speak. She is such a sweetie! I'm going to miss these silly dogs of ours in September when I travel home.





I think I'd better take these yay-hoos for a run later, but I'm somewhat nervous to do so. Yesterday we had a mama moose with two of her young in our driveway and Captain J said he saw them in the neighbor's yard this morning after PT. I wouldn't want to alert the mama into fight mode. I'm afraid my flight just wouldn't be fast enough...


Happy Day to you!

2 comments:

Lydia said...

your dogs are just amazing*!!

Mrs. K said...

Thanks! I think so, too (most of the time) ;)

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings