Sunday, October 17, 2010

a friends, food, and fun weekend

This weekend was an exciting mix of chaos and good times. I can say that now because I am clean, smelling good, and enjoying a glass of wine from a bottle of red a friend brought over.


Friday I spent the day shopping at the grocery store, cleaning our casa, and trying to completely exhaust our two dogs so that we could have an evening of friends, food, and fun. If you know anything about huskies, you know that they really need their exercise.



Everything came together at the very last minute and we were able to enjoy ourselves. I made some cheesy, wonderful concoction and prepared soft tacos with beef, chicken, or bean/beef toppings to go along with it. Captain J decided we would have a Mexican night, but he fell asleep after work (of course) and I was left to pull together whatever we had around the house- hoping it might taste okay. I think we managed to convince our friends that we weren't totally unprepared.



I had such a good time!



We met some new friends at the dog park a few weeks ago so we finally got to hang out with them, too. It's nice to be around some good ole southerners! ;) I guess I'm a tad biased, though.



Saturday was quite lazy. We deemed it a football and pizza day and lounged around in our sweatpants and PJs all day. Michelle and Justin came over, too with their dog, Ulaaq. An hour with him and Drifter was down for the count! It was pretty nice having two sleeping dogs and plenty of time to chat with other humans. Michelle also taught me how she knits. I use a totally different method so as of yesterday I'm a little bit more versatile :)


That evening we headed over to Sarah's for a game of Things. Have you ever played that? It can be pretty hilarious! We have it, too and we often break it out of the closet when we have gatherings at our household. It's so much fun. After a late night (for us), we crawled into bed and I swear, I don't think I rolled over until it was time to get up for church.


This weekend was a sweet reminder of what all (read: who all) I will miss when we leave this place.




Thanks for taking a peek into my weekend! Tomorrow is Military Monday at Army Wives Lives. Be sure to link up your recent military related post. Let's give her blog hop a kick start! I'll be back with my post tomorrow and a link to all the fun. See you then!


3 comments:

Hilary said...

You met normal people at the dog park!? Yeah, you! Everyone at the dog park here is a tad strange. One girl asked if my dog would "get together" with her dog, if you know what I mean...

Mrs. K said...

ha...yeah, that's odd.

Sarah said...

it was fun! Thanks again for inviting me (and letting Lucy come)!

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings