Thursday, October 28, 2010

A Halloween How To

Howdy partners! You were probably expecting the second half to my New Zealand story today, weren't you? Well, tough cookie. You see, my computer (where all the photos for that post are located) is acting all finicky so I'm afraid that post will have to wait until I can get the problem fixed. In the meantime, I'm posting from Captain J's wonderful computer (Note: you have to pet and praise your computer often if you want it to keep cooperating with you). Anyway, in the spirit of Halloween, I thought I'd spread some halloween cheer with you and show you the cute lil card I made for my hubby.


I found this idea somewhere, but I couldn't remember where so I decided to make my own version of it. I took some photos each step of the way and I'll try to be as specific as I can with directions, but I'll be honest...I was wingin' it.


First, take an 8x8 portion of card stock paper and fold it in half (like a hotdog, please).



Then, cut out two black circles and two white ones.



Place the black circles towards the bottom of the white ones (to make them look like eyes) then cut the remainder of the extra paper off.



Then get some white card stock paper and cut strips of white for a mummy look. Don't worry about them being even or the same size or anything like that because HEY, no mummy's perfect. ;) hehe



Paste or glue the strips onto the card at an angle.



Next add the eyes...



Then you'll want to add some writing to the front side of the card. I used my handy, dandy cricut again, but if you don't have one then simply writing in fun letters would be cute, too.  I cut out letters that said, "Some Mummy..."



and on the inside, "...Loves You"



And Voila! Isn't this the cutest thing you've seen in your whole life?



Okay, maybe not the cutest, but it's up there! ;) I hope you enjoy Halloween! It's Drifter's birthday so you can bet your cutie patootie we'll be celebrating!


 

7 comments:

Molly said...

Love the card! That's super cute. My kids at school would have liked making those today for our Halloween party:)

Mrs. K said...

Aww, yeah that would have been fun for them. I should have posted it earlier!

kimbodarlin said...

Too cute!

Mrs. K said...

Thanks Mom!

Kim said...

well isn't that just adorable!?!?! you've gotten off to a good start with yore card-makin', young lady. (Sorry, but it just sounded like that in my head!)

Mrs. S. said...

That is so freaking cute!!!

Halloween Crafts and Costume Ideas « Mrs. K and Captain J said...

[...] want to be? Here’s a cute idea for a “Some mummy loves you” card I put together. Directions are here. It’s perfect for your hunny or your [...]

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings