Monday, October 18, 2010

Good Day (or perhaps goodnight!)

I feel this pull to write despite my sleepy eyes, tired fingers, and achy back. The bed is calling my name, but I know that as soon as I lay down a thousand thoughts will float through my brain beckoning me back to the computer to type them all out. Sleeping in does not work for me yet it's so easy to do here. The sun wasn't up until around 9am this morning and Captain J was out the door without much of a stir from my side of the bed. Usually I wake up, prepare his coffee and breakfast, and kiss him goodbye at the door like a good little wife. Today was a different story all together. I stayed in bed, pulled the covers back over my head, and waited until he turned the light back off in our room to enjoy the darkness outside. I slept until 10:30 and felt quite bad about it. Now, I'm paying for it! It's an endless cycle for me, too. I'll probably tell myself to get back on schedule, but that is easier said than done.

In conjunction with the gloriousness of sleeping-in, I had a great day. I caught up on many of my favorite shows thanks to On Demand. I watched the latest Private Practice and Project Runway and got my t.v. fix for the day. I did a few chores around the house, but I didn't want to accomplish too much on my lazy day so most of those hit the back burner. ;)

This afternoon a friend called and asked if Drifter, Holly, and I would like to join her and Miss Lucy at the dog park. We gratefully accepted her offer! The snow fell all around us reminding us that our days at the dog park are numbered. Soon it will be too cold for her sweet pup and definitely too cold for this southern gal to stand outside for any length of time! Afterwards, we grabbed some spiced chai at a drive thru coffee house and headed back to my place for some much needed conversation. I love when I find a person that I can talk to about anything, don't you? Life is so much sweeter with good friends!

Later that evening, Captain J came home in good spirits despite having to work late. We had a fun evening together that consisted of watching Killers and cuddling on the couch. Now, I'm afraid, I'm keeping him awake with the incessant clicking of the keyboard. I better crawl into bed before I murder my semblance of a decent sleep pattern. Let's chat tomorrow, k?

5 comments:

Hilary said...

Awww I loved taking my dogs to the dog park....Bentley doesn't like the snow here though. Haha :)

Mrs. S. said...

MMM sleeping in :)

alaskarella said...

Hi! You have ondemand? Who is your provider? (Comcast?) Do you live in town / in the hills? I am suffering from major internet / tv withdrawl ... and I'm told that cable isn't an option ... help! Thanks Mrs. K!

Mrs. K said...

We have GCI. We don't live in town, but we are about ten minutes away from town. No internet? I wouldn't make it!

alaskarella said...

it is just SLOOOOW internet. GCI doesn't come to our hill :(!!! You are a lucky duck!

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings