Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Divine Intervention

I suppose you could say that the way to my heart these days is through food. Every nice thing someone has done for us since we arrived here has been evidenced through the giving of some sort of treat. I'm loving Louisiana! One neighbor brought over boudin,  a Cajun type of sausage popular 'round these parts. I wasn't too keen on eating it in the form that it was presented to us (tubular dude) so we chopped it up and threw it into some rice and spices for a tasty meal. Later, more neighbors gave us more pound cake than I can eat. Sweets are my fav. You probably already knew that.

Sunday we tried a new church out. The Methodist church in town has an early service, as well as an 11 o'clock service so we decided to go there. My army man enjoys waking up early and I guess I'm going to have to get used to that. It's ingrained in him now. We stayed up pretty late for a very pregnant gal so we decided to attend the later service. We loved the welcoming we received there, the message, and the more traditional service was refreshing. For the past few years, we've gotten accustomed to worshipping with contemporary music and a younger crowd, but our roots have always been missed. Singing those old hymns last Sunday was like visiting home. That feeling didn't stop there. That night, the pastor stopped by with his card, a coffee cup, and M&Ms to welcome us. I was craving chocolate and with none in the house, you could say it was divine intervention when he knocked on the car port door. We plan on going back to this church to see what the early, slightly more contemporary service is like, but I think we've found a place we'll return to quite a bit. Everyone is so nice. Yesterday, someone else from the congregation stopped by with yummy smelling banana bread and information about the surrounding area. I just love small towns. I'll never want to live anywhere else!

 

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Sounds like you have found a great church! To me, no matter where we live, it isn't quite "home" until you find a church family :)

Jenna Lou said...

i'm glad things are looking up for you guys!

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings