Sunday, July 31, 2011

Our Sunday Scene

I did not think today was going to be a very good day. I was up until 3am with some pretty powerful contractions. Two to three every hour and then nothing. I was able to sleep for awhile after that.

My alarm woke me up around 7 so I could get ready for the early service at church. I thought I'd snap a photo before we headed out the door since I rarely put on real clothes anymore-



I would get dressed...really, I would! But nothing fits. I'm huge.

Church was nice. I enjoyed the sermon a lot. The pastor spoke of small changes likening them to mustard seeds and how God uses our seemingly miniscule actions in a huge way. He even provided a nice little segway for Mob Week on AMC (starting tomorrow!!) albeit inadvertently, I'm sure. Still, Mrs. K appreciated it! ;)

All throughout church, I was quite uncomfortable physically~ Out of breath, contracting, and trying to act like there's not a seven pound human being in my tummy. It can be exhausting.

We got home and I went back to bed.

Then, I cleaned the kitchen.

I know, I know. My life is uber exciting to you.

I suppose the highlight of my day was finally having enough extra money to purchase a dryer. We've been rockin' the tiny drying stand so my laundry is backed up as you can imagine. This is all about to change, though- they're delivering it tomorrow!

On the way home, I had a pregnant lady meltdown. It was sort of like the Walmart Meltdown, but not as bad. Captain J and I were discussing funds to pay for my graduate school, getting a job, et cetera and I flipped out. My heart started beating faster and I couldn't breathe. I just kept thinking, "I haven't even had the baby yet and he wants me to drop him off with some stranger all day already!?" "Can I hold him first?" Sheesh. I calmed down, though. I know that's not what he meant. I just want my Baby K. I want to hold him. I want to see that he's healthy. I just want him.

To combat my pregnancy craziness, I scrapbooked! This activity always calms me.



Meanwhile, I think J had to get out of the house...away from me, probably. He's relaxing in the hammock with a good book.



And there you have it, the misadventures of Mrs. K and Captain J- Sunday Edition.

Perhaps next time I'll have some more exciting material.

XOXO,

Mrs. K

4 comments:

cloudedpink said...

Aw, Kace. These meltdowns are perfectly normal when you think about all the hormones flooding your system. Just remind Captain J that you're preparing for a high priority "mission"!
Love ya!
Kim

Jenna said...

Bring on baby k!!! I'm waiting for the text that he's here

icantbelieveable said...

OMGGGG I'm so out of the loop! Baby K is going to make his debut so SOON!! Yay! Can I just say, you look fantastic in that pic? Definitely all baby there. And I've always heard that boys tend to sit lower than girls in the womb - and Baby K is riding lowww. ^_^

I am sure things will work out with school and jobs, etc. We tend to get so caught up in the future, but we have to let God handle the path ahead and do our part in praying and trusting in Him.

Sorry this comment is so long :/ Had to catch up.

Sarah Nicole said...

You look so cute! Your baby will be here soon, I bet you are so excited.

I need to start scrapbooking.

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings