Monday, July 18, 2011

this week at our house

Today I read the word "manifest" to myself as "mani" "fest"...as in, a party where one might get a manicure. Honestly, it took me sounding out the word (in my head, of course) a whopping three times before I understood. That's what I'm dealing with right now.

I used to fear I was growing dumber after being out of school for too long, but perhaps now the opposite has occurred- Too much school work is causing me to over think. No, that's probably not it, either. Either way, my brain is yearning for a break, but I'm only a minute into the first quarter and the ball is in my hands. I can't stop dribbling down the court and it's too soon to call a timeout. Coach will yell. This is what I feel like.

I'm tired of writing research papers. I had no idea how much research is involved in my online classes when I signed up. I'm very thankful for the undergrad experience I gained at Tech in that regard, but the graduate program there was a lot less work than this one is! None of this would be much of a problem if there was a decent research library around, but I have already exhausted all of the miniscule psychology section here in small town America.

My first semester back finished up a week or two ago and I'm pleased to announce that my 4.0 is still in tact. The second semester is underway and I'm not sure I'll be able to say the same after this one. It's not that my classes are hard, just incredibly time consuming. After getting unpacked, I have literally done nothing. As soon as my house was in order, I took up residency in front of our t.v. and I only move for potty breaks and food. It's bad. I need someone to kick my butt into gear!

We are enjoying the house now. Captain J went back to work today, but was only there for an hour or two before they sent him home. I hope this trend continues, but I'm guessing he just got lucky because in-processing takes awhile. I went back to the doc today and met with the nurse practitioner there. She didn't tell me anything I didn't already know, but I was delighted to hear her say, "If you go into labor now, we won't stop you."

Hallelujah!

My feet and hands look like they belong on a 500+ lbs woman.

I can't wait to see his beautiful face.

I want to not have to sleep with a pillow between my legs anymore.

I can't wait to see my mom and sister who will be visiting shortly after he is born.

I could list a million reasons why I can't wait to have our sweet baby in our lives, but I don't want to drop all those on you at once. Besides, you'll probably hear all about him, more than you want, after he is born.

Anyway, I've got to get back to it...but not before I show you a peak into Baby K's room:



2 comments:

carolinanorthw said...

LOVE baby K's room! You are so creative! I'm so glad that the doc's gave you the 'okay' to have little man! MISS YOU LIKE CRAZY!

Nicole

Mrs. K said...

Thank you. I'm a fan! Miss you, too :)

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings