Saturday, June 16, 2012

DIY Toys for Your Tot

No doubt I saw this project idea on Pinterest, but I didn't pin it because I knew I could remember it- and, well, now I can't find it! So, it goes. Anyway, I thought I'd share the ideas with all of you (read: so I could show you pictures of how gosh darn cute my kid is) in case you have a 3-18ish month old who might like these activities, too. I spent less than $8 making two toys--thanks dollar store!

1. Visual Mat: (Wish I had thought of this for "tummy time"!)


I added the entire bottle of hair gel to the storage bag first. You might want to buy more than pictured here. Also, you could buy colored gel to spruce it up or add food coloring, but we didn't have any so I just went with it. It's pretty self explanatory- just toss the toys in randomly and use the duct tape to reinforce the edges of the mat.
*Obviously, your child should be supervised when playing with this toy because you wouldn't want your little one to bite into it! Baby K loves this one, though! To prevent chewing on it, you could tape it to a door or window during play time.

2. Maraca: (Hours of entertainment)

Just fill 'er up with colorful toys that create visual interest and make noise.
*Obviously if your child is capable of unscrewing the lid then you'd better tape it up, too. We wouldn't want the little one choking on loose beads. There's your warning. You're welcome ;)

Enjoy creating new and cheap toys with your little one!

Over and out,



3 comments:

Chantal said...

Great ideas!

Jamie said...

So creative!

Rachel said...

Cute ideas! Hope I remember these when I have little ones! Thanks!

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings