Tuesday, June 26, 2012

My Little Beach Babe

Thanks for all the love on the latest guest post! Kristin responded to each of you so if you get a chance, go look at what she had to say.

Obviously, I'm back from the beach. Woo hoo! And I've got to say-


I am so proud of lil man. He was an angel. The drive wasn't bad. He slept well in the hotel room. He came, he saw, he conquered.

He's not too fond of the beach, but pool time seemed to be a hit. I wasn't too fond of the beach either really with Tropical Storm Debby making her presence known during the trip. The waves were huge, though and that was cool to see on the gulf. Usually Florida's waves are tiny in comparison to other places I've seen.


We didn't do much aside from sit around and stare at each other...but we did EAT. We ate a lot. I like to eat in case you haven't gathered that from my recent preggo photos. Of course I had to limit my seafood intake, but I didn't worry too much about my hush puppy intake. Oh.my.gravy.

I do love hush puppies.

Anyway, one night Captain J and I were allotted a date night- just the two of us. It was so nice even if we did end up talking about our child(ren) most of the night. We went to a restaurant on the beach while a storm was brewing. We sat outside for our appetizers, but when it got too windy we moved underneath the deck so that we at least had a shield from the whipping wind. It was gorgeous. Alone time with my husband is prized so I enjoyed his company and conversation more than anything.


Now, I'm back in hot-as-the-blue-blazes Louisiana and hibernating in the air conditioning for the remainder of the summer so I guess by the South's definition of seasons, I'll see ya in October. Good grief. It's hot.


(P.S. Last week marked the end of SOMEthing's Drawn. No one linked up so I think I'm going to retire it. It was fun while it lasted! ;) )

4 comments:

Mrs. Duh said...

That looks like a fun trip! I'd give my left arm to be near a beach right now! : )

Jenn said...

It looked like baby k had a great time and I'm lad you two got some alone time! Let me know when you want to go out on another date night, I'm free whenever.

Jenn said...

I don't know what you're talking about- you look GREAT! Glad I'm not the only one who has an unhealthy relationship with hushpuppies too. ;)

Our poor a/c is overworked and underpaid right now too. But Lawd, I hate to be sweaty, so run it will.

Kace said...

the brutal hot definitely is more manageable when there's a large body of cool water waiting near by :)

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings