Saturday, June 2, 2012

Saturday Morning Scene

Happy Saturday to you, my friends! Here's what our day has looked like thus far:

When I went in to get K Baby, he still had all his favorite sleepy time things in the crib. He usually throws them mid morning and by mid morning of course I mean 0600.


It's diaper drying time today in the early morning air.


And play- with -the -mischevious- little- grinner- in -this -photo time.


What's Saturday morning without one cartoon? I know, I know. It's a bad habit to get into, but he just LOVES VocabuLARRY. And you know what? I'm done with the mom guilt. Yesterday on my facebook feed, someone updated their status to say something like how awful it was to leave a baby in their diaper (cloth or disposable) for longer than 2-3 hours...and ohmygahthatpoorchild. I deleted them on the spot. I mean good grief? Who wakes their kid up in the middle of the night to change their pee diaper? If you do, good on ya...but it's not worth it in this house. We like our sleep. And I'm done with judgy parents. That is all.
Also? Some warm decaf tea in the morning makes a nice (enough) replacement for coffee:
I hope you all enjoy your Saturday. I'm not sure what we'll get into- probably not much seeing as how Captain J is in the field and I'm stuck without a car. His truck broke down a couple of days ago and it's getting fixed after paying an arm and a leg. Anyway, maybe he'll get to come home tonight. Fingers crossed!

5 comments:

Karen said...

Nora doesn't throw her toys yet... thank goodness lol. She let us sleep in until 7 this morning, it was awesome. Funny how things change and 7am is a sleep in lol. Hope you and Baby K have a great Saturday!!

Amber Nicole said...

Good for you deleting them! I can't stand judgmental parents. Or the pushy + judgy ones.

Jenn said...

What?! You let your child sleep ALL night?? You let his diaper get WET??? Why on EARTH would you want to SLEEP?!?! Or let his diaper do its JOB?! Clearly you are full of common sense. :)

Chantal said...

Seriously? I'd leave my baby in her diaper all night if she didn't pee out of it every morning. I change it once, but I'm hoping as she gets older, I won't have to! (And I only change it if I'm getting up to feed her anyway haha)

Miranda said...

Boo on the weirdo judgy parents! Also, I think I got him that little bear-blankey :-)

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings