Sunday, June 3, 2012

A Picnic in the Park


On Monday (Memorial Day) Baby K and I decided a change would be nice. We were tired of staring at the walls and wanted to do something fun, just the two of us. We went on a picnic! We drove to the park, found a perfect place under a shady tree, spread out our blanket and plopped down. 
After eating our food, we discovered all kinds of fun things. We tasted grass. Well, one of us did anyway! We played in the weeds, smiled at passing children, talked to passing dogs, and relaxed in each others' company- happy as larks.
I also discovered another noise that Baby K is terrified of--THAT was fun. I showed him how positively delightful it was to find a thick blade of grass to place between my thumbs and blow on it to make a loud, screeching sound. He was not impressed as he's not with most loud sounds.
Other than that mishap, we had a fun day at the park and wished Daddy could have joined us, too. Next time!


Does your family picnic?

2 comments:

Chantal said...

Aw that looks like fun! I sit in the backyard with her sometimes, but the weather is just so darn hot here it's hard to find a good time.

The 4M Project said...

Those pictures are adorable! I love the grass whistle story...too cute! We love to picnic! It's definitely one of my favorite things. When it's warm, DH will meet us over at the park when he comes home for lunch. We'll picnic uner a tree before he goes back to work. Those are some of my favorite days.

Blessings,
Kristine

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings