Thursday, June 7, 2012

Introducing!

I grew up in a small town. You mighta guessed that from the way I talk sometimes (especially after a few glasses of wine!). Still, I'm proud to be from a tiny little town where people know each other by name and you have to drive to another town to go to Walmart. It's nice. My high school was no different. For the most part, I knew the majority of people who attended my school- all 400-500 of us. If I didn't know their name, I knew their face. I knew something about them. I've come to find out that it's kind of a different world from most adolescents' experiences, but I'm okay with that. I liked my school. I wouldn't want to go back for the world, but I enjoyed high school just fine.
Inside its walls walked many greats. I mean, I know a really cool blogger girl who...Oh, I'm kidding.
I wanted to tell you about some folks who went to my school that are breaking through in the world of music! The first is the lovely Kendra Chantelle:
Maybe you recognize her from a previous season of American Idol? When I heard she was going to be on the show, I got out my year book to put her name with her face. Oh, her! I don't know her well, but from what I do know, she is sweet as pie. And her voice is, too! When I first heard her sing, Georgia On My Mind, I was impressed. I never thought any white person ever gave that song justice (ha), but I loved her take on it and was quick to send her a facebook message telling her so! I'm a weird complimenter, what can I say? Here's a brief clip:

See? She's awesome. And you can get your own copy of her debut album Unthinkable on iTunes or at KendraChantelle.com.

Another entertainer that walked the halls of LHS was Mr. Brad Dills, my boyfriend. Yes, it's awkward now. I mean, we never really broke up. We were a pretty big deal in fifth grade (well, he was in 6th) but we went our separate ways and never officially told each other we would see other people (as much as you can date in middle school). All throughout high school, we joked that we had the longest relationship of anyone we knew in school. Brad is a good guy and he has hooked up with some other fellas around the Southeast to make up the band Star City Meltdown:

Vocals - Brad Dills (middle)
Guitars - Lukas Patterson
Guitars - Chris Stewart
Bass - Cody Cupp

Wanna see them in action?


You can go here to sign up for their newsletter and get your FREE MP3 download of their single "Here With You"!


I hope you enjoy listening to some new music, my friends! Have a fun weekend.
Love,

3 comments:

Kristin said...

That's so neat! What high school did YOU go to?! :)

Karen said...

That's so fun! I went to a "small" high school by my city's standards (and I grew up in a fairly large city), so it's fun to look back and see where all my high school friends and acquaintances are now. One of them is on Broadway now in Jesus Christ Superstar! Kendra has a really nice voice. Thanks for sharing these with us :)

Unknown said...

Kacey, I'm never on Twitter, so I just saw this. You're such a sweetheart! I Love my town too, and am so thankful to have so many good friends cheering me on. I'm living the way I always wanted and wish the same for everyone else. I hope you and your new family are doing wonderful! Hopefully sometime soon, we can have lunch together back home and officially break up. I'm sure your husband would be relieved....lol All the best

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings