Thursday, June 10, 2010

5QF Hawaii Edition

Aloha,  dear friends! I haven't posted in a week? Really? That flew by for me...probably because I'm having the time of my life at Big Island, Hawai'i! I wanted to be sure and participate in Mama M's Five Question Friday, as usual, so here's my Big Island Vacation hello! We'll be back to the regularly scheduled posts next week. Promise!







Did you check out that jewelry I'm wearing? I meant to tell you all about it in the video, but the onlookers made me nervous. Ha! Anyway, Captain J has made it a tradition to buy me jewelry from every place we visit (What a great tradition, huh?!) He tries to find pieces that are characteristic of the place we are visiting...for instance, in New Zealand he got me Jade. Anywho, my newest addition to my jewelry box neck and ears are made of :

Olivine- A natural mineral that only forms in lava. It is what makes the Big Island of Hawaii's green sand beach.

and

Weleweka AKA Velvet Seed- is a rare tree found primarily on the Big Island and Maui. Approximately fifty are known to exist.

Cool, huh? Mahalo for reading :)

4 comments:

Mama M. said...

Love it! What a fabulous tradition your Captain has!

I am so incredibly jealous...we went to Maui for our honeymoon, and I soooooo want to go back!

Enjoy your time there!

Dave Weigle said...

Too bad your father-in-law couldn't go with you on your honeymoon!

Jill said...

Awwwww I love the tradition that you guys have! I know your having fun but please come back to all your blogger buddies! =)

katieb38 said...

I think it's hysterical that people were watching you. Creepasauruses!

Love the vlog - you have such a sweet voice. Mine sounds like I squawk or something. Ugh.

Love the jewelry and love the tradition.

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings