Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Try It Out Tuesday

Haven't done this in awhile, ehh? Despite having a "me" day, I still got a lot accomplished. I think it's this summer solstice. When it's constantly gorgeous outside, I yearn to get out and be productive. After hanging out with these two cutie patooties-


and then spending time with this precious little dearie-


I decided it was time to get to work on a few chores around my house. I have a certain special visitor coming up to see me very soon so I cleaned the spare bedroom from head to toe. Then I got to work on my "dream board" that I've been wanting to do for so long. What's a dream board, you may ask? Well, there's an exhaustive definition over at my blog buddy Dutch's page so why don't you go check that out. In short, it's a place to portray goals and dreams creatively. It's a place of motivation. It's a place to visualize what you want out of life and each day. Too hippyish for ya? Well, heck, for me it's just another excuse for crafting :) Here's my final product (although I'm sure I'll add more as I see fit):


On the dry erase portion, I plan to keep track of daily and weekly goals in regard to exercising, chores, watching what I eat, and bible verse memorizations. I'm excited. Think it'll work? Anyway, TRY IT OUT! It is, at the very least, something for you to do when you're bored.

Also, I wanted to post another low maintenance, super easy crock pot recipe if you'd like to TRY IT OUT. This ranch chicken recipe is very tasty and produces some excellent leftovers (this coming from the woman who thinks most leftovers are yucky)-

Ingredients



  • 3 tablespoons bacon seasoning

  • 1 teaspoon garlic

  • 1 (1 ounce) package hidden valley ranch dressing mix

  • 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup

  • 1/2 cup milk

  • 1 cup sour cream

  • 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts

  • 1 (16 ounce) package egg noodles, prepared


*Mix first six ingredients and pour over chicken in slow cooker. Cook on high setting for 3-4 hours or until chicken is done.

Ok, so I actually improvised and used what I had. Instead of bacon seasoning, I used bacon bits. I also just used a whole clove of garlic. Then I skipped the noodles and served it with mashed potatoes instead. This meal was very filling for the two of us so we had leftovers for today.

Did you try anything new today?

1 comments:

lola said...

That crockpot recipe sounds FAB. :)

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings