Thursday, June 17, 2010

Green Thumb

I have decided to try my hand (or maybe I should say my thumb?) in gardening. Baby steps, though.

My least favorite chore as a youngster was weeding the garden. There's something dreadful about playing in dirt in the hot and humid climate of East Tennessee. I never envision myself having beautiful gardens--like my mother in law, but I know Captain J loves those gardens so I do want to as least try to grow a few lovely flowers here and there. Besides, I like the color it adds around the house!

I've already planted a few...





I figure, if I can't make something grow in the Alaskan summers....well, then....I'm helpless. Wish me luck!

The weather has been nice the past few days. It's actually kinda nice to be back in the cooler temps (and obviously somewhere that I'm a little more welcome. Ha! Did anyone catch that?) Anyway, I'm going to quit my babbling now and leave you with another summery picture of butterflies congregating. They tend to do that a lot here!

3 comments:

Jenn said...

My father is a huge gardener. Every summer and fall we would have tons and tons of veggies and beautiful flowers outside the house. I was lucky that I was never asked to weed. now we have our own veggie garden and flower garden. I took every precaution not to have to weed by using a weed mat. My only other trick is miracle grown. Your flowers look beautiful! Great Job!

Jessica @ {Mis}Adventures of an Army Wife said...

I was dropping a friend off on post the other day, and as I was driving, I realized a whole bunch of the women had planted *FAKE* flowers! Who does that?! So, I commend you for planting real flowers! =)

Mrs. K said...

That is so strange!

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings