Sunday, June 13, 2010

Snorkling Kona

What to write? I have so much to say about our adventures in paradise yet my computer battery icon is telling me that time is of the essence. I'm sitting in Anchorage on another dreadful layover. One more flight to go. I can't tell you how good it will feel to be in my own bed... not that I'll get to sleep because we are picking Drifter up as soon as we roll into ole F-banks. From what I've heard, he's been pretty terrible.


But you didn't come to my blog to hear me complain, did you? I just got back from a wonderful vacation with my loving husband so allow me to gush share with you some of our experiences and adventures.


When we got into Kona, we checked into our hotel and hit the sack as it was late at night when we arrived. Bright and bushy tailed the next morning, we hurried through breakfast so we could get a headstart on enjoying the beautiful Hawaiian sunshine. We decided to go snorkling because our hotel, the Outrigger, had a great snorkling beach on its premises.



We actually did a lot of snorkling during our vacay. In between our scuba diving excursions (more on that later), we dove into the water for an impromptu swimming session with dolphins. It was amazing and one of the coolest experiences of the whole trip. These playful spinner dolphins were swimming within an arms reach of Captain J and me. The pod consisted of about 40 dolphins...well, 42 if you count us pretending to be one of them. I hate that we didn't have our camera with us that day. We saw so much under the water and it definitely has us intrigued for more. We look forward to exploring more of the ocean depths in other areas of the world!


I'll leave you with a few more photos and the promise to write again soon about some of the other activities we did during week one of leave. More to come!





 

6 comments:

Lissa said...

Can't wait to hear about it! :)

Jill said...

awww...I see that you guys had a lot of fun, can't wait to go there

Kayla said...

These pictures are AWESOME!

Looks like you had lots of fun on your vaca:)

Jenn said...

That looks beautiful... Can't wait to hear more!!!!

Interesting Questions « Mrs. K and Captain J said...

[...] you’re a new reader, you’ll want to go back and check out these posts from that trip: Snorkeling Kona, Place of Refuge, Pssst…hey…, Zip a dee doo dah, and At 13,000 [...]

Twelve in One « Mrs. K and Captain J said...

[...] June came and Captain J and I got to take our honeymoon to Hawaii. [...]

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings