Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Oh, snail mail...

How I love thee. You allowed me to have a massive obsession with writing my dear soldier when he was deployed. You bring surprises to my mailbox from friends and family far away. I get letters and cards, my small connection with the outside world. I know sometimes you bring me bills or junk mail, too but it's an excuse to get off my bootay and take the long walk to the mailbox to retrieve it so I'm still grateful. Besides, sometimes you give a real jewel and today was no exception-



I received my prizes from the military blog writing contest. Yipee! I'm pretty pumped. Now, I'll have some reading material for the plane ( Hawaii in 3 days!). Book review to come. Thanks for checkin' in. More later~


6 comments:

carissa said...

There is nothing better than getting some good old fashioned snail mail! I was watching that Dear John movie the other day, and I told my roommate that though I wouldn't be a good soldier, at least it
would make people send me mail and that would be good. but nahhh.

I am jealous of you going to Hawaii! So Jealous! Have a blast and I can't wait to hear all about it!

Jenn said...

can you take me with you Mrs. K??? I would make a great tour guide and I am space efficient! lol

Mrs. K said...

Sure, I think you'll fit in our suitcase. I mean, all we really need is a bathing suit, right?

Mrs. K said...

Yeah, you would definitely get a lot of mail. Sometimes I felt like that was my only way of connecting with him so I'd write him a couple times a day. Probably drove him nuts.

wanderingmenace said...

So. Jealous. Of. Hawaii.

Enjoy the sun, the waves, the cocktails on the beach, and of course: your soldier hubs.

carinatb said...

Hawaii??!! Ah, lucky you! Enjoy!

I was just thinking of sending out some snail mail, that would completely cheer someone up wouldn't it?

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings