Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Four Eyes

I got new glasses for the first time in years- not the drinkin' kind, but the seein' kind. My latest pairs were faithful to me, but I wasn't so much to them as I misplaced them somewhere between New Zealand and Anchorage, Alaska. I've gone without four eyes since November. It was time to move on. I recently shopped around for a new pair which may sound exciting, but it isn't to me because glasses never rarely ever look good on me. It has only been recently that I figured out exactly why this is the case. I always thought it was because I had a small head. I've been known to shop the kiddy section before for this very reason. This time was to be different, though. I wanted adult glasses. I wanted something stylish and cute. I just wanted to be able to see, dang it!  Well, my weird face/glasses fiasco has been discovered: my ears are way crooked. I've noticed the slight slope of my sunglasses for awhile now but I just thought they were bent. Nope! I chose some funky-ish frames and when I went to pick them up the guy said, " I think they're a little crooked." I know he meant my ears. I just know it.



I was having lunch with my dear sweet husband today and he started grinning from ear to ear. I thought he was going to say something sweet when he said something to the effect of: "I see it now! Definitely crooked!" Thanks, hon. Oh, well...I can't be perfect all the time.


 

7 comments:

d.a.r. said...

Too funny, I was just taking a picture of MY new glasses for the blog, haha!

You look cute!

Jenn said...

your funny cause its probably not even noticeable until you point it out to someone and then let them stair at you for a while... lol. I love love love your new glass so adult and stylish! I really do love them. I miss my glasses! It was a love hate relationship with them. Then I got LASIK a few years ago. Now I just have fun with sunglasses. I own like 20 pairs its bad.

carissa said...

hahaha I HAVE CROOKED EARS TOO!!! My glasses are constantly crooked, and not because I step on them, but that doesn't help - I'm sure.

I love your glasses!

Sadako said...

Fellow glasses sporter here. LOVE IT.

Lissa said...

Love the glasses! You look great in them. :)

wanderingmenace said...

Cute glasses.
I've never had to wear them for my eyes but whenever I wear sunglasses it looks like my left ear is located somewhere near my chin and my right ear has travelled far up the top of my head. So I can relate.

carinatb said...

The glasses look hot! Crooked ears? Lol! I've never heard that before!

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings