Saturday, June 19, 2010

Father's Day Love

Let me tell you a little something about the men in my life ( a few of them anyway...)

My dad is the coolest. Seriously, he is. He's one of those dads that has wise words for me, advice, and a shoulder to lean on but he's also loads of fun to be around. He's funny and he's the guy that people are just drawn to. When I think about my childhood, I realize how blessed I am now to have this man in my life...more than that--as my dad. 

Here's my dad with my purdyy stepmom after running a marathon. Yeah..they're rockstars.


I also married into a really great family...therefore I inherited the best father-in-law a girl could ask for. He's intelligent, caring, humorous, and also fun to be around. One time, when Captain J was deployed, he talked me through an alcohol/crazy-in-love induced crying fit so you know he's gotta be a good one. Not many can handle the stress of irrational, deployment Mrs. K!

Here he is with my lovely mother-in-law (and then another on his sailboat):

 



And I'm also lucky to have my stepdad in my life. I'm so thankful to him for loving my mom (and my sister and me!) and making her happy. He has taught me so much in my short life and I can't tell you how grateful I am for him.

My radiant mother and him on their wedding day-


I'm just as happy as a lark (I've always wanted to say that) to have these father figures in my life. I truly am the most blessed woman in that department.

Happy Father's Day y'all! I love you very much.

Need some card ideas for your dad? Use mine as your guide...

 



Much love,

5 comments:

Dave Weigle said...

My gosh Kacy, you're gonna make me blush. Thanks for the pretty words, but seriously - we're the ones who were lucky to get such a wonderful daughter-in-law! You're more than welcome to cry on my shoulder anytime, and thanks for the beautiful, hand-made card. I feel quite special!

With lots of love,
Dave

Kayla Sue said...

Holy crap, those cards are awesome!!! You make them?

Mrs. K said...

Yep, it's just a hobby really but I love doing it! Thanks. :)

Louise Barnes said...

AND....Grandfather Gary Kimsey! What a great man!

Mrs. K said...

the best!

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings