Friday, September 24, 2010

Interesting Questions

Friday is my favorite day for memes. There are so many good ones! I wanted to participate in Wife of a Sailor's- Milspouse Friday Fill-In today because I missed last week. Forgive me for not vlogging my answers, but I promise I'm doing you a favor. I've yet to run a brush through my hair or change out of my hawaiian print pajamas so I'm not a pretty sight. Without further ado, here are the questions this week:

1. What characteristic about yourself has either been strengthened or weakened due to your experience as a Military Spouse? (from The Albrecht Squad)

I love this question (mostly because I can recognize that as a military spouse, I'm in a unique position. Because of this position, we may have to face trials that other couples will not and it's always nice when someone recognizes how they've grown through an experience). My answer to this will seem complex, but it really will just come down to one thing. Please allow me to soul search for the next couple of lines, will ya?

I've always easily slipped back and forth from being a leader and a follower. In most situations, I prefer the follower role. This doesn't make me weak- maybe lazy, but not weak! In social situations, I like blending in with the crowd, for the most part. I'm not one to crave the center of attention, but if I do have a strong opinion on something then I will voice mine. Perhaps this is why I enjoy blogging so much, but that is a story for another day. On the contrary, there are other instances when I want to be the leader. One good example of this is when there's group work for school involved. I've always been that girl who wants to do everything herself so that I know it's all correct. I'd rather do it all by myself so that I know that it's done on time and that it's work that is worthy to have my name on it! These are just two examples; there are many more. This follower phase I came to rely on began to make me feel less independent, which I didn't like. I had dreams of being independent and I focused on them for the future even though my reality was that I was living in a condo and driving a car that was purchased for me. I had a long way to go! I always thought my career would catapult me into the life that I wanted for myself. I would become "successful" and finally provide for myself without any help from family. Years later when I chose the love on an infantryman over a stable career, I worried that my goal of independence would fall by the wayside. Over the past few years, I've gained a loving relationship that is close-knit yet allows me to practice independence when he's away. When my husband leaves, I remind myself that I can still function. I don't have to be completely helpless until he returns. I can step up and get things done on my own. I can make things happen. I can make good decisions. My strengthened characteristic is definitely my autonomy. I have the Army to thank for that.

2. What is your favorite vacation spot and why? (from ‘Tis the Life of the Army Wife)

"Spot" hints that this question is asking for a place that I like returning to so for that answer I will say- Siesta Key, FL. My grandparents have a beautiful place on the beach there and I've gone many times over the past years. I love it because it's relaxing and quiet and gorgeous! The sand is so soft and white; the beach captures my heart every time I go. With that being said, I've taken some amazing vacations that I wouldn't mind going back to, but I don't know that I'll ever get to. These include England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, and New Zealand. I've also had some great times in the U.S. as well, but I hope I can return to each of those places one day.

3. If you could have any fast-food restaurant in the food court on base/post what would you pick? (from The Only Pink in a House of Blue)

Well, I can't really think of exactly what good ole Ft. Wainwright has in their "food court" so it must not be anything good. I'm not impressed by most of the fast food places in Fairbanks and I really don't eat it much anyway.

4. Where did you go on your honeymoon?  (from Pennies from Heaven)

After being married awhile, we finally got to take our honeymoon to Hawaii. It was amazing! If you're a new reader, you'll want to go back and check out these posts from that trip: Snorkeling Kona, Place of Refuge, Pssst...hey..., Zip a dee doo dah, and At 13,000 Feet.

5. If you could have any job in the world regardless of money, degree or experience, which job would you have and why? (from Proud to Be a Navy Family and The Calm Before The Storm)

My dream job would have something to do with writing. I used to always say that I'd love to be assigned a book to read every couple of days so that I could write a few sentences or an article that reviews the book. Let's face it, that's not going to happen. An even sweeter job would be to be a travel/ destination blogger. I'd love to be sent to various vacation spots and write reviews on hotels, activities, etc. Being paid to blog about a place that I didn't even go to on my dime would be amazing. Captain J could snap the photos while I typed up a review. I doubt the Army will allow us to do that, but a girl can dream!


4 comments:

hilary said...

Travel writer would be the BEST JOB!!

Jenn said...

love your responses Mrs.K!!! excellent as always! You could totally be a writer!

Tiffany said...

Kacy, I think you'd be amazing vacation blogger and yea it would be a perfect job :)

Mowenackie said...

Travel blogger - I love that! Sign me up.

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings