Tuesday, September 28, 2010

(Mil)ing It Over- PCS Edition

I have two exciting announcements in support of our military spouses. First of which, is a promotion for Tanya Leach who recently wrote a book, Hawaii For Heroes. Tanya is married to an Iraq/Afghanistan War Veteran and they spent some time in Hawaii, which she says, "sparked an idea that military families needed a travel guide specifically for them about where they could go and get discounts in Hawaii with a military ID." Isn't that a great idea? I know that I'm always for taking advantage of any restaurant, activity, hotel, et cetera that will give us a military discount! When Tanya contacted me telling me about her book, I knew I wanted to help. That's why I'm asking you all to help her out. She is entered in a contest to win a trip to Germany to pitch her book idea to publishers. Will you help out a fellow milspouse? You can vote here. Simply leave a comment/rating in support of her. The site requires you to have an email and username, but it's super easy to do. :)

The other exciting news that you've probably already guessed is that it's (Mil)ing It Over time! Woo Hoo! If you're unsure what this is all about, you'll want to check out our very first entry. Today's topic is PCSing. I recorded this vlog while I was still in TN so don't let it fool ya...gone are the days of short sleeves and carefree flip flops. Oh, well...it's good to be back. After you watch mine, go check out the rest of our clan's thoughts on PCSing- I betcha theirs are more informative ;) Links to come.







Here's our host, Jenn!

And the other lovely ladies who participated:

A Marine's Wife

It's A Hooah Life

Mrs. Ma'am

Kat

Nicole

Keep checking back because I'll be adding more links as they filter in throughout the day. Happy viewing!

6 comments:

Jenn said...

Alaska seems like a lot of fun and if we get it like J is hoping then I'm def going to need to know your to do list of all things Alaska! I was praying for cooler weather and I'm sure your missing the warm weather... lol

hilary said...

My best friend was at Fort Wainwright for a year! She liked the experience.

You are so right about negative peeps. I hated Fort Drum before I even got here, based solely on other people's opinions. I've actually come to love it!

Colorado/Fort Carson is awesome! So much to do...especially if you like the outdoors!!

Jaida said...

Permanent Change of Station :)

Mrs. K said...

thanks. I'm a terrible army wife. lol

Jaida said...

Nahh! I quickly typed that in and hit "Submit" like you were going to see that while you were talking haha.

By the way, I think you all would love Ft. Carson in Colorado Springs!

Mrs. K said...

Yeah, I think we would, too. I always loved looking at your photos from being there!

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings