Saturday, September 18, 2010

Week 2 Recap

I guess it's been awhile since I posted. I've been running all over the place trying to squeeze in visits here and there. I might go crazy with all of it, but hopefully I'll fly out of Tennessee in a week with no regrets. One regret that I do have is that I didn't get over to see "Pap" sooner. I wish I had gone to talk to him when I got into town. Pap is my great grandfather who passed away a few days ago at the age of 89. He was quite the legend in our little town and I am happy to have known him. I've said it before and I'll say it again- I inherited a wonderful family when my mother married my stepdad, Joe. I am blessed to be a part of the Lefler/Mourfield family. Pap will be missed by all of us, but we're so grateful that we got to have so much time with him here. I know he's rejoicing in Heaven now, though :)

This weekend was my much anticipated Girls' Weekend with my mom and sister. They thoughtfully invited me on their annual shopping trip in Pigeon Forge, TN. My family goes Christmas Crazy with decorations (only in a good way). My mom and sister are masters at decorating a Christmas Tree and filling the house full of Christmas cheer. Unfortunately, when Pap died, we decided to cut the trip a little short. My mother wanted to come home early so my sister and I stayed at the hotel we had already booked and woke up to head home for the funeral services early this morning. We all still had a fun, productive time. I can't wait to show you all pictures!

What else have I been up to? Wellllll, tons- thanks for asking! I went sailing with the dad-in-law the other day. It was scary fun! He let me maneuver the boat around Watts Bar as I attempted to conquer the wind and make the boat do what I wanted it to do. No easy task, but I had a good time trying. Afterwards my mother-in-law fixed (that's a southern thing, isn't it?) an excellent meal for my Dad, Julie, and me. I'm so glad I married into a great family and one that gets along with mine, too. I love that they're friends!  (Whew! All those adjectives!)

I can't chat anymore because I'm on my way to the next activity, but I'll be sure to catch up with you again soon. Also, the girls of (Mil)ing It Over are set to post near the end of the month. Get Excited!

4 comments:

Lydia said...

sorry to hear about your great grandfather.. my deepest condolences..

but it's really nice to see your having tons of fun!*.. :)
xoxo

Dave Weigle said...

You were quite the sailor - I believe there might be a boat in your future! We should book a sail on a catamaran to see how we like them; more room, no heeling.

More from the South… « Mrs. K and Captain J said...

[...] If you missed that post, you can check it out now: Week 2 Recap [...]

spanie w zakopanem said...

My brother suggested I might like this website. He was entirely right. This post actually made my day. You can not imagine just how much time I had spent for this info! Thanks!

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings