Monday, September 6, 2010

Bye, Bye Love- Hello Family(ness)

Hi y'all! Man, how I've missed that southern accent. I've been back home for a few days now and it feels so wonderful to be here. I forgot how nice total strangers can be! As you probably already know, I spent a few days in North Carolina to see my man off and spend some time with my in-laws. It was a bittersweet trip. I was elated to be able to squeeze in more time with Captain J, but the time frame was so short that it was just a tease. He's gone- away from all contact and I miss him already. I enjoyed driving riding across NC. The weather was beautiful the entire time and I'm settling into this warmer climate quite nicely. The past day or two the weather has warmed my skin perfectly- not too hot. On the way to NC, we stopped off in a neighboring town from Ft. Bragg to visit my dear friend, Nicole. We picked J up at the airport shortly after and spent the weekend catching up on some much needed family time. His mother and I even got some shopping in! I can't tell you how good it feels to swipe that debit card and leave a store with something pretty. In case you were wondering, Fairbanks has no shopping to speak of. I've really missed that (poor J).

I arrived back in Tennessee yesterday. After a family wii tournament in bowling, I drove up to Knoxvegas to watch the fireworks at Boomsday. Thankfully, I didn't have to fight my way through the insane crowd that is always gathered there because my bestie has a fabulous new apartment with a view of the city. We watched from the comfort of her couch. I had a good time catching up with so many people that I hadn't seen in awhile. It was crazy, fun and now I'm back at my house relaxing. I'll definitely be busy this month, but that's okay. I want to fit in as much time with friends and family that I can!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings