Saturday, September 25, 2010

travel woes (and happies)

In less than 24 hours, I'll be re-united with my hubby! This makes me pretty darn happy. Flight delays, chilly weather, and mean ole boots that leave blisters on my feet however, do not! I really can't complain too much about my travel experience today. On the first flight, I sat beside a sweet woman who just became a grandmother for the fourth time. This was a fairly short ride to Dallas Ft. Worth Airport and I got a little shut-eye on it. When I got off the flight, I walked a million miles away to the next gate. The nice flight attendant ladies gave me the gate number so, thinking they knew best, I didn't even question this. This, my friends, is where the blisters came from. I got to "D16", the gate they announced, and all those folks were headed to Cancun. That just wasn't going to work. And do you know how large that airport is? I finally rolled into my actual gate about 30 minutes later. Note to self: Always check the prompter and see fo yo self!

The flight from Dallas to Anchorage was pretty great actually, considering. I got an entire row of seats to myself so being able to stretch out was amazing. This six and a half hour flight is painful usually, but what a blessing I received today when no one showed up to sit beside me. That really makes me sound like a big fat meanie, doesn't it? After boarding, we found out that we were delayed an hour. I guess it didn't matter too much because my layover in Anchorage was so significant.

I fear I'm boring you with travel details so I will stop. I just wanted to let you all know that I am back in the great state of Alaska and I'm happy to be here. I look forward to crawling into bed, going to our wonderful church tomorrow, picking up my pups, and then picking up my husband. Updates to come!

Much love,

3 comments:

Hilary said...

6.5 hours is an awfully long flight! The longest I've ever been on is 3.5 hours and I thought I was going to die. I don't know how in the world I will survive all of this international travel that I totally plan on doing :D

Lydia said...

omg.. I would've wanted to kill those flight attendants! but thank you for sharing! I'll for sure check for myself next time as well!..

nice to hear you had great flights and that your back.. hope you get your rest !! happy to know your husband is coming 2morrow! yay!

xoxo

the bottom dropped out « Mrs. K and Captain J said...

[...] than where I was standing at that moment. All I had on was a thin long sleeved shirt and jeans (oh, and those dang boots I mentioned earlier). This is the point where I began to get flustered. I mean, all a girl wants is a warm bath and [...]

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings