Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Dear September,

You're very dear to me. As I drove to middle Tennessee yesterday, I found you hard at work, slowly changing the leaves from their great green to colors of fall. I can only imagine the vibrant colors you're creating up in Alaska, my home away from home. I wanted to tell you how happy I am that you are here. I'm so glad that you brought with you time with my wonderful family and sweet, funny friends. I only regret my husband couldn't come with you! I'm having a good time, September. Our time together has flown by and it's really running short now. I want to make the best of it. I close my eyes when the short reprieve from the sun blows across my skin and I know that God is ever present. Thank you for showing me that.

Love,

Mrs. K

(Photo Credit Here)

3 comments:

Elizabeth R. said...

I agree and welcome September with open arms and excitement in my heart! Being from Texas where autumn tends to be more brown and less colorful, these mountains and the anticipated bursts of orange, red, and gold are truly splendid!

whitney said...

ah, i'm jealous! nothing beats fall in Tennessee. :)

Twelve in One « Mrs. K and Captain J said...

[...] September brought me closer to family as I traveled home alone to see my friends and family. [...]

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings