Wednesday, September 15, 2010

You're so vain

I feel like a woman again! My mom expressed her fear and worry that her girl was quickly leaning towards more manly activities such as hiking, camping, fishing, and going to the shooting range. She told me before I arrived in TN that it was "time for an intervention." When I got off the plane, the first thing I did was go shopping with Mom. That was quick, huh? I couldn't help it; I was having withdrawals. My girly-ness sunk in even further when I arrived home and remembered all the fabulous clothes I had left behind. For three glorious weeks, I wasn't going to wear one stitch of flannel or big bulky boots. I would break out my heels, paint some lipstick on my lips, and feel pretty again! Lemme tell ya, it feels good :)





[caption id="attachment_1459" align="aligncenter" width="225" caption="I even went bubble gum pink with my nails. Be afraid, be very afraid."][/caption]

I'd like to tell you how great a product is in this post as well, but I hesitate because of one of my favs, Sandra Bullock. Isn't she the coolest? I just want to throw this out there- I'm definitely, completely, totally Team Bullock BUT...This product is, well, amazing-


Kat Von D, the tattooed missy who apparently caught the eye of Sandra's man, has made the best concealer ever. You may already know that she created this makeup as a way to cover up tattoos, but I love it because it also hides those pesky skin problems that come along with crazy hormones and adult acne. I think I paid 25 bucks for this bottle, but it is worth it. A little goes a long way!


After two weeks of shopping, I feel a little more prepared for Fall. I pieced together this fun, comfortable look with help from Forever 21, Target, and Maurice's. I decided I hope I'm pregnant in the fall so I can wear threads like the ones below just so I can be comfy and cute. Every girl needs one item of clothing that is animal print, right?!




[caption id="attachment_1461" align="aligncenter" width="225" caption="Typical Myspace Photo"][/caption]

*I wouldn't be surprised if this is my only makeup/fashion post ever. I'll be back in my element in no time and I'm sure my husband will remind me that he likes me best in loungin' clothes and devoid of all makeup. Man, he's crazy but I sure miss him.

5 comments:

Jenn said...

nope I love it and insist you do more!!!

Mrs. K said...

There's my girl!

Kimmie said...

Ha Ha....I just realized you were still signed in when I left my comment....There's my girl!!!! This computer sharing.....neither of us are used to.....could be dangerous leaving facebook signed in to! Mom

Sarah said...

Le sigh. Fairbanks makes me want to open my own boutique, so I have somewhere to shop! lol

B. said...

Aww! Mom shopping is the best! I can't wait to see my Mother Dear for the holidays ^_^

Also, I'm so for Sandra as well and don't think she'd mind you using Kat's products (because that's the kind of stand-up gal she is). Oh and um, isn't flannel coming back in style???

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings