Sunday, May 1, 2011

Righted.

I remember writing in a previous journal on September 11 ten years ago...

and today I wanted to discuss that 'to be continued' here now.

Moments ago, it was announced that Osama Bin Laden is at long last dead. My thoughts?

September 11 seems so long ago. I look at what all has transpired in my life since that dreadful day in American history and it feels like a lifetime has passed. I was a young high school student now I'm an educated wife and soon-to-be mother. I'm worlds apart from that girl I used to be. Time will do that to a person.

Ten years. A decade- and only now can the families of those loved ones lost on that terrible day experience a taste of revenge. That makes me glad to have him eradicated.

But really- what will it change?

I ask this honestly. Perhaps many a terrorists will think twice of discounting the ole U S of A, but I doubt it. Certainly, Americans will rally around this country in patriotic splendor. Surely, the announcement will lessen the talk of the recent Royal Wedding.

But nothing will change.

Our troops are still needed in the Middle East. It will take much more time to change that fact.

Still, in the recesses of this blog, I will say- I'm glad he's dead.

I'm glad a man is dead.

That just doesn't seem like something a good Christian gal would say.

For Osama's soul, I am sad because I know he's in hell. But for America, today I am proud. I'm elated for each person who lost someone dear to them in NYC, the Pentagon, and that field in PA. May a little more closure head their way. Tonight I will go to sleep feeling like the world has been slightly more righted.

God bless our troops.
"We will not tire, we will not falter, and we will not fail."- George W. Bush, September 11, 2001

2 comments:

B said...

Well said. I do agree that the news is a little bittersweet. Nothing has changed in the grand scheme of things, but there's a lot to be said for both Hope and Pride. In the midst of the fact that there's still war, poverty, death and destruction every single day - at least for a glimmer of a moment we can smile...not that someone lost their life...but that a country we love so much still has both Hope and Pride.

I think...sometimes, we just need a little more of that to keep pushing forward.

Nicole said...

I am glad he is dead. End of story. Do I feel as though I shouldn't be? Yes. But, the truth of it is...I'm glad.

Let me tell you why. Yes, he did horrible things. Yes, he hurt SO MANY PEOPLE, families and those lost. Yes, because of his attacks on the USA even more lives were lost (the soldiers who gave their life for Operation Iraqi Freedom). But you know why I am PERSONALLY glad he is dead? Because 911 happened when B was in Bootcamp, and he promised himself that he would live long enough to see the day when that man lost HIS life. And you know what? That day came when my family needed it the most. And B is still in the Army, which doesn't sound like he will be for much longer. So you know what? Since we didn't find him earlier, at least we got him now.
I will sleep better at night, and B has found a little bit of piece in his chaotic world.

LOVE YOU GIRL! Miss you tons!

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings