Monday, May 2, 2011

Christmas 2010 - a photo post

Perhaps I'm a bad blogger.

Or maybe it's just that I enjoy keeping you in suspense.

Regardless, I can say that I'm ready to share my Christmas 2010 pictures with you finally....five months later.

Our Christmas celebration started off with me informing my family of our wee one on the way. I gave each family unit cards declaring "Have a Holly Jolly Christmas" from us! But on the back, I wrote our little known secret. To my great pleasure, everyone was utterly confused as to why I was making a big deal out of our Christmas cards this year. They were all probably contemplating exactly how self-involved I really am...



Then they slowly came to the realization that there might be something more...



(I think Papaw was still slightly confused here because he was looking at my sister) But congratulatory hugs were in order...



(Side Note: I wonder if I'll ever be skinny again.)

We had a wonderful meal, as usual. My mimi is a fabulous cook!



We posed for some picture taking-



and laughed at all the sweet and funny moments the kids of the family bring to Christmas celebrations.





Captain J and I held onto permanent smiles thinking about how next years photo will have a certain four month old joining in on all the fun.
"Christmas is forever, not for just one day,
for loving, sharing, giving, are not to put away
like bells and lights and tinsel, in some box upon a shelf.
The good you do for others is good you do yourself."

- Norman W. Brooks, "Let Every Day Be Christmas"

If you like the photos in this post, be sure to check out the good folks who captured these memories at Fritts Photography.

1 comments:

Fun Family Activities said...

What a lovely post. Thank you so much for sharing. Family and friends are just a great part of life. I couldn't imagine life without them.

Check out these Fun Family Activities

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings