Thursday, May 19, 2011

New Around Here

Hello, pals. My mind is swirling with counseling techniques, scripture, and due dates. I just want to take a break for awhile and catch you all up on what is going on in my life. I went to the doctor earlier this week to check on Baby K. He's doing well, but I'm still measuring at about 26 weeks. I have no idea how that is possible because I feel huge. Now, Doc thinks my original due date (Aug. 20th) is more accurate than the 17th. I know this is only three days, but that's three steps backward and I don't like it one bit. I can't describe how uncomfortable I feel each morning. Being idle, sleeping, or even sitting down for long periods of time has caused some issues so I won't be traveling home for awhile as I originally expected. It sucks when I'm told I need to rest, but that very down time produces other problems. Agh! The joys of being pregnant. I can't complain, though. I'm right on track with the weight gain. Doc tells me that he wants me to gain about 25 lbs. I'm up by 13-15 lbs depending on what day it is! On one hand, I can't believe I'll be meeting my son in a few short months. On the other, I feel like I've been pregnant for an eternity. Either way, I'm sure he'll be here before I know it!



Meanwhile, the hubby and I are getting geared up to move to Louisiana in less than a month. As you probably know, the Army has some good perks, one of which will be to pack up all of our belongings and move them to our next home. I'm glad that responsibility is taken care of for us. We've done some searching for housing in the area and there are really some slim pickin's. We created a list, but it's quite short. I think we'll end up deciding once we arrive in the area. There will be much to do when we get there. I'd like to sign up for breathing technique and breast feeding classes. Of course, I'll have to get a new doctor squared away- ASAP when we arrive. Then, my priority will switch to decorating Baby K's room. I can't wait to feel settled! Is that even possible in the Army?

There are many other exciting changes occurring in our lives right now. As you know, school has started for me. I am enjoying it. I can view the lectures via video, listen to them on Itunes, and/or download study outlines. There's a lot of reading and learning on one's own involved in online classes, but I think I'll do okay with it. Captain J will also be taking graduate courses starting next month. We might be crazy taking all this on at the same time, but we're praying that it's all manageable for us. Speaking of excitement and work, I have some hopeful news for my writing career (or lack thereof). I'll be sure to show you what I've been working on when I receive word that it's okay to do so. It should be in about a week!

That's about all that has happened around here. What's new with you?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings