Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Pregnant With Laughter Part 10

It's Wednesday so it's time for another installment of Pregnant With Laughter! It's my day to poke fun of this crazy process of growing Baby K and how little I know about raising a child. 



I went home last weekend and got lots of QT time with this cutie:



She's a blast. I laughed at all her quirky comments and didn't think I'd stop the giggling when she told of how big her basement was-- "It sure is! Why are you laughin'? It sure is!"


She's cute...but I failed her.


See, she wanted to be a "big girl" and use the potty. After successfully doing so, I wanted to put her diaper back on because she still doesn't have the whole concept down completely. It's a sporadic thing. 


Anywho...


I tried to put her diaper on twice, each time I pulled her up to her feet, poor thing had one little cheek peeking out of the diaper. Thankfully, her mother entered the room at this time and fixed my failures. Diapers just aren't my forte. Yet.


Then on Sunday my friends had a baby shower for me. As I unwrapped a teething ring, someone asked what it was. I confidently proclaimed, "It's a little chew toy!" LOL It still makes me laugh. I was a mom to my pups first- don't judge.


Anything funny happen to you this week?

4 comments:

Alyson said...

The chew toy comment is hilarious. And don't worry about the diaper thing. I looked down at Ashlyn just yesterday and her left cheek was out of her diaper. And I have had 2 1/2 years of practice.

Beth M said...

This is totally random but, I tried to put on two bras this morning. Yes, that is sad!!!

Nicole said...

But it IS a chew toy! :) You'll get the diapering down in no time. I used to be scared of making them too tight, and they would fall right off of Izzy, lol!

Jenn said...

As soon as the new site is up and running I will be joining in on your blog hop!  For now I hope you dont mind me putting it here.  

When peanut (the girl I was a nanny for) was little and we ventured into potty training,  she  caught on quickly. Could she seriously have learned in a week? Well she mastered daytime pottying in one week but refused to wear big girl panties.  Then she refused to even think of using the potty once we "ran out" of diapers.  I did everything I could.  Took her to buy them, praised her excessively, ignored the whole situation, I wasn't even above bribing her.  Two months later I caught her take her wet diaper off. Toss it in the garbage, hop on the potty to finish her business and then bring a clean diaper up to me.   I sat her down and actually asked her why she had to have the diapers.  She simply stated she liked them too much to not use them.  Well I come up with the great idea since she clearly knew how to use the potty that she would change her own diaper. Right wrong or indifferent You read the correctly.  she changed her own diaper.  She hated pull ups so we stuck with the traditional ones.  I told her how to and said that she needed to tell me before she did and to come see me after so I could fix the tabs.  A few months later she told me she didn't want to wear diapers anymore.  I told her that was fine but I had to ask her why.  "they are too much work.". 

Well that is when I learned no matter what kids will do things on their time not yours.  This goes with everything.  So don't get totally alarmed when you hear a mother say "well Johnny was potty trained by a year" or "Danielle was walking and talking by 5 months." Just smile and nod or maybe tell them they must be supermom.  The fact is that they will do what is right for them if you follow there lead. Some Light pushing never hurt anyone though.

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings