Tuesday, April 10, 2012

8 Months

Dear Baby K,

You've grown and changed by leaps and bounds this month. You may not weigh as much as they'd like, but you look like a strong, happy, healthy baby boy to me! I'm so proud of you. I absolutely love watching you play. You're so business when you do it. The concentrated look that overcomes your face when you're thinking about why that toy moves in that way and your ongoing amazement at your autonomy is so sweet to watch.


Hands down, my favorite part of the day is when I get you out of your bath, wrap you up in your big ole towel, and point you toward the mirror. You laugh every time and it never fails. If you've been unhappy all day long, I can at least count on that moment to hear your laughter echo through our home. I love it. I love you.

You are such a delight. Have I told you that lately? Your personality is developing more and more and I'm so happy to see you happy (most of the time). Your dad can make you laugh like no other. He's got the good tickle hands. I absolutely adore watching the two of you interact. I know you'll be close all your lives long.


When you eat now, you want to feed yourself. This makes for a very messy solids time, but I don't mind most days because I'm just so proud to watch you grow and learn. It was this month that I realized that I'm exactly where God wants me to be right now- at home, raising you. I'm accepting my role happily and beginning to enjoy having you all to myself during the day. You are so much fun! We play a lot and there's no place else I'd rather be.

Thank you for bringing so much emotion, love, and life into my world. Happy Eight Month birthday, my dear. You make my heart smile.

Love,
Mama

8 comments:

Jenn said...

Happy 8 months baby K!!!!!

Kace said...

:) Thanks

Amber Nicole said...

This is such a sweet post!!
Happy 8 months, baby K!

Kace said...

I write to him once a month. One day I'll print them all out. I'm glad I started doing this! Thanks :)

The New Normal said...

Such a sweet post! Happy 8 months to your little guy! He is adorable!

Kace said...

Thank you. I agree! ;) haha

josie @ letters to sophia said...

Happy 8 months! I think writing each month is a great idea! Look at him playing with his lil feet {baby feet are my favorite lol} he's too cute!

Kace said...

It's precious when they play with their feet! By the way, he's sitting on my lap right now and everytime I scroll down to your button, he laughs and giggles looking at Sophia! Too cute.

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings