Thursday, April 5, 2012

that time my husband called me fat

We were enjoying bath time with Baby K one weekday evening. Typically, we blast music and file bath time under "Jazz Time". It's our little tradition, a happy time. I was busy snapping photos of that sweet child of mine when my phone dings indicating an incoming text message.

It's a comment from a family member that says Baby K is starting to look more like me.

When I said this out loud with a proud smile on my face, my husband doesn't miss a beat and is totally straight-faced when he says, "Why because he's getting chubbier?"

Ouch.

Of course, I don't have to point out his error as he realizes very quickly that he should never NOT EVER say that to his wife. He then tries to explain as I snap away to document his monumental fail. It went something like this:
 "Oh, wow. I didn't mean it the way it came out! Um, err...
 You know how K has cute cheeks that you can grab on to- like you. You have great cheeks...
 Mine are all sunken in like this...
Just to recap. You are not chubby. You have great cheeks, just like our son. Crap. That sounded really bad."

Insert tons of laughter.

Bath time is over.

My husband- he doesn't really have a way with words, but I love him anyway.

8 comments:

Jenn said...

OMG I love this. And the fact that you documented the explanation with photos makes a frillion times better!!! Oh men. Sometimes better seen than heard.

Jenn said...

Lol I should fill you in on some winner comments hubby has said lately.

Amber Nicole said...

Hahahaha This sounds like something mine would do too!

Kace said...

Better seen than heard- indeed!

Kace said...

haha. I'd welcome them. We could probably trade stories all day. Oh, wait...we have! :)

Kace said...

At least we can laugh about it :)

The New Normal said...

The fact that you captured his "insert foot" moment is priceless! Love it! And I love that you laughed about it :) My husband would have been in the dog house for days!

Kace said...

If I got mad at every insert foot moment he has, we'd never speak. haha!

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings