Saturday, April 7, 2012

Weekend Wear

I just love a long weekend, don't you? It's Saturday and I've had my husband home for two whole days already with two and a half more to go. It's nice to have him here and I'm cherishing these days with him and my son.

With summer on the way, I thought it was a good idea to get some new items and get rid of some old. I love, love the fun pastels and print jeans/shorts that are everywhere this year. The fresh colors of spring are always magical after making it through the winter...although, I admit- there's not much of a winter here. I've been wearing shorts since January!

I threw on this yesterday. This shirt is lovely and flowy and will turn a fat day into a skinny day- any old day.
Good thing I never tried modeling. Could I BE any more awkward?*

I felt good in this and that's what matters most when getting dressed for the day, right? The fact that my husband said I was beautiful yesterday was just icing on the cake. And cause for smiles!

We went to our favorite grocery store (Did I really just say that?) and picked up a few things we needed in preparation for our seafood gumbo night! We invited the lovely, Jenn and her husband over to test out the edited recipe Captain J is in the process of perfecting here in Cajun Country. It was tasty- delish.

And wouldn't you know it? Baby K let me have adult conversation, girl time, and a relaxing evening with friends. He fell asleep at 6 and didn't wake up until 12 hours later. What a sweet boy.

How's your long weekend?



(*Must say in your best Chandler voice.)

8 comments:

Louise Burnette Barnes said...

You are lovely no matter what you wear.

Kace said...

Thanks, Louise! You are so kind.

Jenn said...

You look great! Love that shirt. And YAY for 12 hours of sleeping!! I love it when the little people come up with brilliant ideas like that!!

Kace said...

Thanks! Oh, I love it, too- what a rare treat.

Kristin said...

I love using the Chandler voice. I also think in the "Dwight Schrute voice" quite often :)

The New Normal said...

Love the outfit - very cute!

Any chance you might share the gumbo recipe? :) I lived in New Orleans for a time growing up and I've never found a recipe that quite measures up since we moved away. I LOVE gumbo!

And YAY for girl time and sleep!!

Kace said...

ha! We would get along famously. Few people appreciate my random show/movie references I use quite often.

Kace said...

Sure! If I can get it out of my husband, I'd love to! He rarely measures or anything, but I might get him to write down the gist for you. I'll get to work on that. :)

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings