Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Try It Out Tuesday

How about an easy recipe for your Tuesday night? This recipe has been modified significantly (because of sweet screaming child at the grocery store) but it stems from the Pioneer Woman's Asian Flank Steak. I was only able to get some of the ingredients so I kind of did my own thing and the result was still pretty tasty.


Here's what you'll need:
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup sherry
1/4 cup honey
2 tablespoons sesame oil
2 tablespoons garlic (I used that amazing garlic in a tube. Sounds gross, but oh so tasty.) Old school way: 3-5 cloves
2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
3 flat steaks (Flank or Flat Iron or Other)
2 Green Onions
2 tablespoons sesame seeds

Directions

  • Mix the first seven ingredients into a bowl.
  • Pour mixture into a large ziplock bag and place the steaks inside to marinade for 3-5 hours.
  • Grill steaks for a couple of minutes on both sides.
  • Cut in slices and pour roasted sesame seeds and chopped onions over as garnish!
  • Enjoy!


As a side, I made these. Seriously- I might never make baked potatoes any other way. It was easy of course, and oh-so-yummy.


1 comments:

Carissa said...

That sounds delicious!! I'll have to pick up a few of the ingredients I don't have and give it a try! I've never tried potatoes in the crock pot. The parts touching the sides/bottoms don't burn?

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings