Friday, May 25, 2012

A letter to my younger self

To My Sixteen Year Old Self:

These years? You won't get back. Slow down in life and in your car! You'll go broke in speeding ticket fines. Laugh with your friends and focus on them. One day, you might live far away from them so don't take for granted the ease of which you can stop by their houses. Go over- uninvited. Visit with their parents. They'll all become family.




Spend time with your family, too. Have fun with your sister when she lets you- she'll be your best friend. Your brother turned out pretty great, too. Maybe he's a little young now, but soon he'll be older and hilarious and the best bro you could ask for. No one else can make you laugh like they can.

That guy you have in your life right now is a pretty good one. You're lucky. Be good to him. The next one is not so good to you. Although none of this will matter when you finally meet your knight in shiny ACUs, but I'll keep my mouth shut as to when that is exactly.
When you get to college, be yourself. Open up to people with wild abandon. You'll be glad you did! Some of the best friends you'll have in life will be there. Be true to you, though. Do not be ashamed of your faith, political beliefs, past, or anything that makes up who you are. The people that matter will embrace you because of or despite it. Don't focus on trying to make others happy. The friend you'll lose during this time in your life never really thought twice of severing ties with you. Quit wasting your time, money, and sanity trying to keep a friendship. People grow apart. And you will be just fine.

While I'm at it, you worry too much. Trust in God's plan for you. Delight in his all-knowing power and feel safe in your future. The things you want most in life will come in His time.

Much love,
Your older, wiser self

5 comments:

Amber Nicole said...

<3

AlanaMarie said...

This totally brought a tear to my eye. I am not sure why.

Karen said...

Love this!

Chantal said...

Love it! I wish I had known a lot of this stuff back when I was 16.

Charlie Ursitti said...

My little Kacy...you are wise beyond your years. Love from Aunt Charlie & Uncle Mike.

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings