Sunday, May 2, 2010

Attention Military Fam Bloggers!

I found another blog hop I wanted to participate in. It's a MilSpouse blog hop which creates lots of links to find other military family blogs and for others to find mine. It's important for military families to be able to relate with others who may be experiencing a similiar lifestyle, in my opinion. I know that connecting with other spouses during Captain J's last deployment really made me realize that I was not alone. Anyway, if you're a regular reader, then you might already know much of the following, but if you're new to my page- sit down with a cup of Joe and stay awhile, will ya?

I'll just give you all a short, sweet, and to the point bio so you all can get to know us a little better.

First of all, I'm Mrs. K. I met my soldier shortly before he deployed to Iraq and for lack of a less cheesy way of saying this, it was love at first sight. I literally came home from our first date telling my mother that I knew I was going to marry him. This was uncharacteristic of me to say anything of the sort so I think she believed me. ;)

Now, we're married and have been since January. My husband is Captain J and he serves in the U.S. Army. He's been in for about six years now and we're still trying to decide if he will make a career out of it. We are stationed in Alaska with hopes to PCS soon. We've enjoyed our stay here, but we're looking forward to the next chapter in our lives.

We have no children of the human persuasion, but we do have a crazy little Alaskan Husky named Drifter. We found that name to be very fitting since he'll likely follow us all over the country when we move from duty station to duty station.

I blog a lot about our experiences with the military, our adventures in Alaska and elsewhere (we love to travel!), and my random thoughts on various things. Sounds exciting, right?

If you're new to my page, I hope you'll come back! If you found me through this blog hop be sure to leave me a comment so I can check out your site as well.

5 comments:

MG said...

Found you on the Bloghop! Alaska sounds like a neat place to live!

WifeontheRC said...

Thanks for linking up on the blop hop! I hope you're meeting some of the great mil spouses out there. I'm your newest subscriber. It's so nice to meet you, and I look forward to reading more about you!

Wife on the Roller Coaster

Jennifer said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! We've had a nice time in Fairbanks, but I'm ready for some sun and some traveling. :) So glad we don't have any more winters to go through - 3 was enough.
Yes, the Army does seem small. We keep running into people we know wherever we go. It's nice to have friends all over the world!

MrsGambizzle said...

Hi! Just found you on the blog hop! Come by and visit me!

YoungMom/Wife said...

I am stopping by from the blog hop. I look forward to reading more about all the adventures headed your way!

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings