Friday, May 7, 2010

Mil Spouse Appreciation Day

Today is Military Spouse Appreciation Day! President Obama had this to say about military families and spouses:
 "I am inspired every day by our men and women in uniform and their families.  They are America's greatest military asset, and my Administration is committed to fulfilling our obligations to them. Today, let us honor the spouses and families who support our servicemembers and, in doing so, help defend our Nation and preserve our liberty."

It's a touching sentiment to have the Friday before Mother's Day each year to be recognized and celebrated. This was first brought into light by the greatest President of all time, Ronald Reagan (Sorry, I had to throw that in there). Anyway, I think it's a great day to celebrate not only the spouses who sometimes carry the burdens of deployments, long distance relationships, and long work hours but also those girlfriends, boyfriends, sisters, brothers, mothers, fathers, and all those family members who aren't normally recognized.

This one is for you!

If you want to visit many, many other military family blogs, there's a gigantic list of links here.

Happy blog hopping and Happy Military Spouse Appreciation Day!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Kacy, Everyday I am inspired by women and men just like you. (well they're not all as sweet as you, I'm sure) I pray for our military, their spouses and families everyday and believe in what they are striving for. I have to agree with our President on that one....not too many other things, but that one for sure. I agree that it is not only the soldier, the airman, or the sailor who make up our military forces; it's very much the familes, the spouses, the people who suppport them from behind the scenes. I am so proud of you.

As for your comment about the greatest American president ever.....I wholeheartedly agree with you on that. Keep doing what you are doing Mrs. Weigle. Keep standing alongside your officer and our heroes.

Lissa said...

We celebrated Victory Day in Ukraine yesterday. It was great. :) Made me want to be a war doctor or something of the like. :)

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings