Saturday, May 1, 2010

Football and the Globetrotters

For the past two weekends, Captain J and I have flooded the Carlson Center in Fairbanks for its vast schedule of activities. Each time we go, the open space is transformed perfectly for whatever event that is planned next. Don't you think that's weird? It always trips me out that elephants can excrete their poo at the same place someone might later shoot a foul shot. Anyway, enough of that crap (*Did you catch the pun?) Hey, it's late and I'm tired. Humor me!Moving along...

Last Friday was, of course, the Army ball. The room was turned into a dinner party, a dance floor, and a stage. Less than twenty four hours later, we were in the same room only it looked completely changed. The stadium was back in order for indoor football. I really got my dose that I had missed the previous season. I love football and I had forgotten how much energy is involved in attending a game. As you might have guessed, football isn't big here. Perhaps it's the cold weather that isn't so attractive to guys in thin stretchy pants. Whatever the reason, it left me aching for the south and the good ole days at Neyland Stadium. It was pretty cool to see the game again and Fairbanks won! Here's some photos from that day:







Today, we ventured back to the Carlson Center to watch the world famous Harlem Globetrotters. We had a good time. A lot of their tricks were pretty cool, but I think we were both expecting a little more. Still, we were pleased we went to the event. It was really entertaining. The guys were funny and they interacted with the crowd a lot. Some of the coolest stuff came from the people of Fairbanks, though. We got a really neato video of the Fairbanks Unicycle Club:







 and another of this awesome hippie in a tie dye shirt dancing to YMCA:







And here are a couple more photos from the big game. I'll give you two guesses who won...





Are you on media overload? I hope not! Talk with you soon.

Love,

1 comments:

chancesimtaking said...

sounds like your having a great time all in one nifty location!

Jenn

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings