Monday, May 24, 2010

Guest Post on Tasty Treats

Many bloggers enjoy keeping their site fresh and interesting by inviting a guest writer to share their thoughts on various subjects and/or experiences. I've never done so but I've found the idea to be attractive. I'm aware that as a personal blogger I easily become somewhat narcissistic in thinking that the rest of the world really wants to know what is going on in my little life so I believe that occasionally it will be nice to take the focus off of me for awhile so I can get grounded again. I mean, you surely don't want to hear about me all the time, right? With this in mind, I decided to invite a very regal, young gentleman to share with you today about an experience he encountered this weekend. I do hope you enjoy his thoughts! Introducing...


High Plains Drifter



Photo by Joshua Reed
aka "K-Fed", "Stop It", "D-Nugget" and just plain ole "Drifter"


Drifter is a dashing young dog with incredible humans watching after him. He enjoys long walks down Farmer's Loop Road, trips to the dog park, drinking from the toilet and chewing on contraband items (as determined by his owner). Drifter is youthful in age and spirit and has a lot of energy and passion to share with others. Without further ado, here are his latest thoughts:

 

Hello, Mrs. K and Captain J blog readers. I'm Drifter--their mostly happy but definitely whiney Alaskan Husky puppy. I'm 7 months old or so they tell me and I've been living with them since February. Dad (aka Captain J) rescued me from the animal shelter in Anchorage as a Valentine's gift for Momma (you will know her as Mrs. K). For this reason, I try to be extra good and not give her too much of a headache seein' as how I was a gift and all. When I am good they don't notice me misbehaving, I am rewarded with treats. Last Sunday, I was allowed my very first scoop of the tastiest vanilla ice cream a pup could ask for. We walked around on College Rd. and came to a delicious ice cream  palace place called Hot Licks. They let me have my very own sugar cone and even held it up for me as I ate. I could scarcely contain myself as I licked as fast as my tongue would allow. I barely even stopped for a breather. It was one of the best days of my short life. I don't know what I did to deserve such royal treatment, but hopefully I'll keep it up! Here are some photos from my favorite day-




YUM!

Thanks for taking the time to read about my awesome day! If you want to learn more about me you can look me up on facebook. I'll let you do the searchin' , though. I do love games! Until next time--Ruff, Ruff!

(*In all seriousness, if anyone would like to do a guest post on a topic of your choice feel free to contact me at mrskandcaptainj@hotmail.com . I welcome bloggers and non-bloggers alike! Let me know if you'd like to participate or send me your work and a short bio (and pic if you'd like) and I'll be sure to give you all the credit. If you're not a blogger, it's a good opportunity to have your voice heard and get your foot in the wonderful world of blogging. If you are a part of the massive blogging community then you will have the benefit of exposing my readers to your link and possibly upping your follower numbers. Let me know!

 

8 comments:

Robin said...

He is just so stinkin' cute! Love him!

Laura Weigle said...

Kacy, Could I be a guest blogger ? I'd like to blog about our upcoming epic journey bringing the boat down the river and all. What do you think ,would people be interested? Love Mama W.

Louise Barnes said...

Gotta love those dogs. When we first got Max, (he was given to me by a pot salesman ...woops, let me explain, the guy did dinner parties selling stainless cookware) I would write the previous owner , as Max, and tell them what Max had been doing! 8 years later, here we are with our beloved poodle.

Mrs. K said...

Sure! That sounds good. Just get it to me whenever you can and I'll post it. I'm jealous of that adventure. I'm sure it will be a blast.

Mrs. K said...

It's kinda fun to write from the dog's perspective but people do make fun of me for making him a facebook page. Oh well!
I am going to write a letter to the animal shelter before we leave Alaska and update them on what he has been up to.
Hi to Max!

Jenn said...

He's so cute I'm jealous! I want a husky so badly!

Laura Weigle said...

Mrs K and Captain J, I wish you guys could be here to make this epic trip! Ha! Ha! sounds like were circumnavigating the world vs a 12 hour boat ride. I bought jumbo playing cards today and teared up slightly. No one to play rummy with.... how sad. Man we could get a real card fest going on the way down. Thanks for letting me be a guest blogger I 'll try and make you proud! Mama W.

Lissa said...

I want a Husky! :D But yeah, that picture of the ice-cream cone made me want to go get myself one. :P

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings