Monday, May 3, 2010

My World Today

Today I got a ring stuck on my finger at Icing. I guess if that's the worst thing I have to say about my day, then it wasn't too bad. I went to town in search of Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred and a jewelry tree for all the delicate neclaces I have. They kept getting tangled. Yeah, I think you understand that concept. Moving on...

Anyway, I found this truly cute ring that says "endless love" on it. My wedding band and engagement ring are both size five and a half so I grabbed the six thinking that would do just fine. Ummm no. You know how the only way to get off a super tight ring is to get it wet? I wanted to stick my finger in my mouth while no one was looking, but I knew that was completely unsanitary so I decided against it. Besides, in this Big Brother world we live in, I knew I'd never actually get away with that with no one seeing. I twisted and turned the ring until my finger was red and slightly deformed and then I twisted it again. It slid off and I grabbed the size up. I will not be discouraged! :) I'm pretty good at spending money when I want to. There were lots of little shirts, dresses, and springy shoes that I admired today, but I didn't indulge. It's just not the same- buying cute summer-ish items when our lows are still in the thirties. I'm sure Captain J is thankful for that.

Here's what I couldn't live without today-







I'm excited about getting started on the workout DVD. I've been feeling groggy and achy lately so hopefully this will jumpstart me into my routine again. I'm tired of feeling icky!

That's what's going on in my world today.

11 comments:

MG said...

I just started the 30 Day Shred. It's quite the workout!

chancesimtaking said...

I hope you start feeling better soon Mrs. K! I love love love the jewelry tree. That is so cute.

So I am starting Jillian Michaels 30 day shred tmw officially monday, wednesday, friday, and sun. On the other days I'm running. Let me know what your doing with it and what you think of it.

Jenn

carinatb said...

I love Jillian! Let us know how that DVD is, maybe I'll have to get it to! Right now I'm considering Zumba. The jewelry three is beautiful, I need to get something like that to but for now I haven't found anything big enough. No point in getting one it can only room 10% of your jewelry..

Mrs. K said...

Good! That's what I need. :)

Mrs. K said...

OOoh we can track our progress together! I haven't decided on a schedule yet but I'll let you know. Good luck to you! We'll have to keep each other on track.

Mrs. K said...

You should make one! I've seen people take the seat of a chair, recover it with whatever fabric they desire, then fastening drawer handles on it in various positions.
Zumba is so much fun. I did that for awhile. I'm a pretty hilarious dancer but I had fun and felt good about myself afterwards.

carissa said...

The shred is one of the only vids I haven't tried, but tonight while going through boxes, my roommate came across her copy, so it looks like I'll be trying it out here with you!! YAY! And my necklaces couldn't be more tangled. I love your necklace tree! I usually just hang nails on the wall, but i think i may have to spring for one of those snazzy thingies!

dzheatherb said...

I'm looking forward to hearing about the Shred. It's on my list of workouts I want to try!

Mrs. K said...

I'll definitely keep ya posted :)

Mrs. K said...

Let me know how it goes for you. I've heard good things about it!

chancesimtaking said...

totally I'm IN!

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings