Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Fish Tales


Remember how I told you that I may or may not have caught something on our fishing trip last Friday? I'm sitting here watching the Biggest Loser Finale and I thought I'd catch you up with that fish tale. I'm here to tell you the truth now, but first allow me to show you these (and the guy who caught the first fish of the season):


 


Notice that smirk? It gets worse...



I kept hearing, "I'm sorry, babe" (sounding anything but sorry) and that signaled me to understand that he caught another stinkin' greyling:



Me? Well, I caught something, too...



I got really excited when I felt the tug- then when I started reeling in my smile turned upside down. I caught a darn stick?! Ahh, the frustration. There were a couple times when I saw a fish bite my line but I just couldn't land one. I have all these excuses, though like-




  1. J had already caught a fish in the place I fished then he moved along to the next spot and caught another. Basically, he scared off all the fish in my spots. Ha!

  2. Also, my bait and hook were too long for those teensy little fish. They just couldn't get their entire mouths around it so I couldn't get a good hold on them.


Those are legit, right? ;) I feel as if I should also add that those waders make me look slightly hefty, but I just embrace it because I had to get young boy waders because the womens were humongo and the mens were even bigger. You like em? They crack me up. I almost look like an outdoorsman. Almost.



Look at that girl! She can accomplish anything...and I will. I will catch a fish before summer is out! Just stay tuned (Disclaimer: You may be waiting awhile).


5 comments:

Papaw said...

Keep trying, Kacy!!

Mrs. W said...

Ahhh...the elusive "Fish Stick." I hear those are hard to come by up here in Alaska...normally they prefer big cities and areas closer to supermarkets or walmarts!

carissa said...

I feel ya on this one! I had a little bit more luck than you last week but not much. Mine were all barely bigger than the minnow. Good luck! I'm pullin for ya!

carinatb said...

Good luck! I'm sure one will bite soon! That place looks so idyllic!

Mar Ward said...

I was reading your post about your babies growing up and saw this one at the bottom. Of course I couldn't resist reading it... it makes me miss AK :(

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings