Monday, April 18, 2011

Growin' grass

Not that kind, you potheads! In addition to my duties as household domestic engineer (*snicker), mom to two pups and one sweet baby boy on the way, and online schooling, I'm also adding grass grower to that list. We're in the business of growing grass in the backyard because it looks like two Alaskan huskies have been rolling around in it for the past four months. Oh, yeah...they have.

We're moving soon so we can't very well leave this place with no grass. Southerners like their lawns, ya know.

We realized that we only have about two months to get this done so it's back to this for Drifter and Holly.

That's right. They're caged again.

Which also means, I'm stuck with them during the day again. I'm thrilled, can you tell?

I like spending more time with them inside, but Drifter gets so restless. He doesn't like being in here. He has too much energy and longs to be outside, at a dog park, or a running trail. Bless his crazy little heart.

Our new routine consists of me waking up around 7:30am to bring them inside for the day. There goes savoring my relaxation time before the baby arrives. These two are like little toddlers themselves.

The cage has been set up in the far corner of the lot so that we could get the grass growing and that is where it will stay until we leave here. In the meantime, I'm about ready to go to the library and check out every dog training book on the shelves. These two are terrible. I love em' but they are bad dogs.

Oh, well...at least they're entertaining and keep this pregnant gal off her butt all day.

Here's D-Nugget getting his workout in for the day-







And here's my dear, Holly being alpha to the crazy one-







Fair warning: My sanity might leave again. Hopefully, it won't. Wish us luck and thick, soft green grass!

6 comments:

sespi said...

Let me know how your grass growing goes! We're attempting to patch some bald spots where Bones and Shecky have been digging too.

Nicole said...

I keep thinkin' I should try to grow some grass. There are some patches growing in near by neighborhoods. I wonder how much I'll have to water it in this desert land. Good luck with your grass growing! The boys, and holly, look great (must be all the workin' out!) Miss you!

Mowenackie said...

Too funny. We have Owen do "doggy push ups" too, but we only have two steps: sit, down (repeat). He does the exact same thing - gets so excited that he tries to give you his paw. These guys MUST be from the same breed...

Mrs. K said...

I'll let you know. It's not looking good thus far! We might just have to buy grass but we're trying to avoid it.

Mrs. K said...

Miss you, too Nicole. I'd hold off on the grass growing. It's tough stuff!

Mrs. K said...

They must be! How funny. :)

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings