Monday, April 25, 2011

A plus

Yesterday, I went to pick up Drifter and Holly after our hiatus to sunny Florida. We tried out a new boarding company because the last one we used caged them all day with no chance to play with other furry friends. Not cool.

Captain J opened the door to the facility with a little trepidation. We hoped our pups got a good report card after all the bragging I did on their behavior with other doggies on the application form.

The gentleman at the counter began checking us out and closing our transaction as he said, "I've dealt with huskies before and two can be a real pain in the a**..."

[Insert incredibly awkward, uncomfortable pause]

"...but these two were great! I'll watch them for you anytime."

Whew! Catch these two on a bad day and his comment could have been a totally different story.



Like a proud Mama, I acted like my angels were always just that- perfect little angels. Inside, I was a little dumbfounded. Most people don't describe my dogs as well behaved. Poor D-Nugget and Holly dog. They probably were just happy to get out of the four walls of our living room for a couple days to play with other creatures of the k-9 persuasion.

We're longing for dog parks and huge fenced in yards at our next duty station. Send your positive thinking powers our way!

Love,

Mrs. K, Captain J, Holly, and Drifter

3 comments:

Beth Makowski said...

I can see the "Mischievousness" in his eyes!! Now, Miss Holly on the other hand looks like an angel :) I'm sure they are just like mine, and they feed off of eachother to get in trouble!!

Mrs. K said...

You've got them pegged! I always hear that Drifter has those "crazy eyes". I think it's the wolf in him, but he is definitely the trouble maker. Holly can do no wrong (in my eyes). It's fun to have two, isn't it? They are so funny to watch together.

Nicole said...

I'm glad they came out with a clean report card! Yay for finding a good facility! Miss you!

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings