Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Pregnant With Laughter Part 8

{At the beginning of this lil ole meme of mine, a few people added their links. As of late, no one is participating, but I hope you don't mind that I keep plugging away with my Pregnant With Laughter posts. I enjoy having a place to share these funny moments and be able to access them whenever I need a good laugh. I'll continue to add a link at the bottom of the page if anyone would like to participate. Thanks for reading (and laughing) with me!}



Being pregnant often causes one's mind to go to mush. Small things fly out the window, like sanity, for instance. Some people refer to this time of forgetfulness as the dreaded "pregnancy brain." I try to avoid these moments at all costs, but I simply can't. They're inevitable. 

I've shared with you before some of my crazy dreams I've had and today I'll share with you another. I bring up the pregnancy brain issue because I believe it played a part in the following dream...

Captain J and I were laying on our aging grey sofa, legs entwined, and marveling at the miracle that was kicking around inside my belly. I was laying back and my husband was propped up on one elbow with his other arm stretched out on my belly so that his hand might get to feel our son's movement. We dreamily discussed what he might look like and how we couldn't wait to hold him. It was at that moment that I suggested, "Maybe we can just take him out for a second. I want to hold him right now."

Now, in my pregnant brain (and inside my dream) this was completely do-able. Somehow (and I won't go into the gross, gruesome detail) we took our sweet baby right out of the womb, just to hold him.

How selfish? How weird?

I woke up panicked that I would even entertain such a thought. 24 weeks is no time to take a baby out of Mama's belly. For the next few hours, I contemplated what a terrible mother I might turn out to be because of my dream persona insisting on endangering her sweet baby fetus simply because she had to hold him. Was dream Mrs. K a reflection of the real Mrs. K's selfishness? Crazy, hormonal pregnant lady thoughts ensued. 

Have you preggos had any funny dreams lately?






8 comments:

Dez Burke said...

Ty and I were the same way! We could not wait to meet Tyty <3

Laura Jenkins said...

Kacy, that is not weird at all!! I had two of those dreams while I was pregnant with my first one. In the first dream, I was at my mom's and we wanted to see if the baby was a boy or a girl. So we proceeded to take him out and hold him for a minute and then put him back!! The next one I was at the doctor's office and the ultrasound tech couldn't tell the sex of the baby, so there again we just took him out to make sure!!! Totally normal and not at all a reflection of your upcoming maternal skills!!! Just think that when your little boy is 5 and about to start kindergarten, you will always have these dreams to look back on!!

Beth M said...

I dreamed that I caught my husband smoking pot...yes, really!

jennifer m said...

Kacy, this made me smile, because with every child of mine, I have had the same dream. I know someone else that had one too. Just take the baby out, play for a little while, and then put them back to finish up the 9 months LOL

Amy Salamone said...

Don't ever be discouraged! I look forward to your posts every time I check my facebook newsfeed. Naturally, since I do not ever plan on having children, my favorite posts are about vacations or your doggies, but I really enjoy getting a laugh from your preggo stories. No worries, you're going to be a great mom!

Alyson said...

I had a dream very much like this when I was pregnant with Ashlyn! Except if I'm remembering correctly I then decided I wanted a break from being pregnant and decided to let my sister carry the baby in her belly for a while lol

Mrs. K said...

wow! I can't believe so many of you experienced similar dreams. How funny!

Mrs. K said...

thanks, Amy! My post today will be right up your alley then :)

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings