Thursday, April 28, 2011

Dear Baby K,

I want you to know that I love you so much already. When I think about why I'm here in this world, I hope a big reason for that is you- I think it is. I plan on doing all that I can to make you happy while raising you in a way that your dad and I can be proud of. I want to teach you so many things- humility, compassion, loyalty, curiosity, confidence and a fun lovin' attitude with a southern accent, of course. These are just a few characteristics that I know I'll find in you later on down the road. I pray daily that I can be the best parent to you that is possible. I can't wait to meet you and see if you have my eyes or your dad's height. I wonder what your mannerisms will be like and I daydream about your laugh. When I hear it for the first time, I know I'll melt. I can't describe how wonderfully scary being on the verge of motherhood is- Scary because I want to be the best mother I can be and wonderful because each little flutter and kick reminds me that you're already a big part of what makes me, me. I've loved you since day one and that will never stop. Not ever. You come out when you're ready and not a day sooner, okay? I love you already!

- Mama

5 comments:

Becca said...

Awww love this...tears.
Yes, you WILL melt when you hear that little baby laugh for the first time. It's awesome.

{JeLisa} @ Blogging Ever After said...

BEAUTIFUL, and boy can I relate. What a great Mama you are, already!

Nicole said...

Awe, too sweet! He's one lucky lil boy!

Jenn said...

This is too cute I love it!!!!!!!!!!!

Jesse said...

i'm thoroughly looking forward to the day that I can take him mountain climbing and creek stomping! then on the way home give him a few expresso shots with a free puppy and drop him off with the parentals! :) O the joys of becoming an Uncle!

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings