Wednesday, June 8, 2011

One day you're in...

As they say in fashion, "One day you're in and the next day you're out."

(I hope you said that in your best Heidi Klum voice.)

Turns out, that's the way the Army works, too.

Last weekend, we received a phone call saying that they couldn't find a civilian company to get us packed up and moved out at the original date they gave us. This meant that we would be staying in Georgia longer than we expected, which made me nervous since I already feel as though I'm about to pop! Frustrated, we slapped on our smiles and said, "well, it'll work out."

Then yesterday we got another phone call. And what did those fine people have to say?

"We can either move you tomorrow or in July- take your pick."

Holy smokes. I called and cancelled my plans to attend a parenting class that evening and got to work dividing up what we would need to live in our soon-to-be barren house over the next few weeks and what the movers would need to pack up and ship.

Twenty four hours later and I'm writing to you via a Mac sitting on a tv dinner tray and some camping chairs.

When it comes to the Army- Rule number one is: Learn to roll with the punches!

4 comments:

k said...

Yikes! I hope your move goes smoothly!

Sarah Nicole said...

Oh my goodness! This is crazy. At least you will be able to get to your new home and get settled before baby comes!!

Nicole said...

Well....at least you will have your stuff when you get there, right?

Jessica said...

WOW! And I thought our last PCS was stressful (http://www.bleudress.com/2010/05/pcs-part-1-is-over.html)! I can't imagine being super prego! You're an inspiration!

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings