Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Fair warning: most of this post is complainy

Oh, how I wish I had good news.


I don't. I got nothin'.


Actually, that's not entirely true, but I'll leave that for last. Today, we were supposed to get our internet hooked up. After their "window" of time had closed shut, we called AT&T to ask why they never showed. Their response was that they didn't provide internet in our area.


(Ok, so why did you allow us to make an appointment for that?)


Anyway, long story short...


AT&T says that they'll be able to send someone out to survey the area and see if they could hook it up in our neck of the woods. Great. Perfect. But then they said they couldn't send anyone for up to 10 more business days. And then there's the chance that we would wait just to hear that it wasn't an option.


This does not work for two graduate students attending online courses.


We don't exactly trust AT&T after they neglected to actually call and cancel our appointment so now the only positive that was in my week is gone. I have no idea how I'm going to get these two research papers done without internet access at home. I can either spend time at the local library (with time restrictions on computer usage) or set up shop in a hotel again and use their internet.


I've been so annoyed recently. It's just so expensive to pick up and move, especially after we just did it 8 months ago. Now, we're wasting money on eating out (b/c we don't have our pots/pans/etc), we'll inevitably waste money on a hotel room b/c we need internet (b/c the Army will only pay for ten days), and then there are all the little expenses that add up.


We're just completely broke at this point and that's never an easy feeling when you're getting ready to have another mouth to feed. I just pray that Baby K continues to get a healthy report. Heaven forbid they have to put me on bedrest or something because I DON'T HAVE A BED!


I have been really disappointed with this move because I don't think waiting for a month on our furniture is the best they can do. We drove ten hours. It didn't take us a month to get here. I know others are waiting on their belongings, too...but I can't explain to you how much it sucks to be 8 months pregnant with nothing but the floor to sit on.


And that concludes my complaining for the day. Please forgive me.


The good news is- I talked to a midwife today who pulled strings, stepped on toes, and moved over some appointments just to fit me in. I love her soul. My appointment with the OB is tomorrow morning and I have an ultrasound appointment on July 7th! Woo hoo :) Hoping for good news! *I would just like to add that Ft. Polk's hospital staff has been very helpful. I'm definitely pleased with their service in helping me into the system so quickly and efficiently.


As promised, here are some photos of our new place-





He's weird, but I love him.


Our backyard is huge. Drifter and Holly love it here. I have new pics of them, too but I'll have to post those later. It's Mrs. K's bedtime.

3 comments:

Louise Barnes said...

It's gonna be allright!

Jenna said...

Try to keep your head up. Remember you can only fix/do so much. I know it sucks relying on a crappy moving company and even worse AT&T service ;) have you checked if any local fast food places have free wifi. I believe places like mcdondalds does but idk I it's everywhere. Much cheaper then a hotel. If you need anything feel free to call.

Jenna said...

Try to keep your head up. Remember you can only fix/do so much. I know it sucks relying on a crappy moving company and even worse AT&T service ;) have you checked if any local fast food places have free wifi. I believe places like mcdondalds does but idk I it's everywhere. Much cheaper then a hotel. If you need anything feel free to call.



Oh and beautiful home!!! Baby k will love it there! Lol so jealous, ours is falling apart at the seams.

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings