Monday, June 27, 2011

what's new

I can't seem to find time to come up with a good post. I have been so busy since we arrived at our new duty station.



It's nice here. The surrounding town is Leesville, appropriately deemed "Sleazeville" by my new neighbor. It's pretty depressing. Luckily, Captain J and I found a great place in a neighboring town and I think we're going to love it there. It will be a quiet existence, for sure. We are located out in the middle of nowhere, just how we like it! Ft. Polk in itself seems right up my alley. If Ft. Wainwright was too small and Ft. Benning was too big then Ft. Polk is just right. Everything seems to be easy to access and the green landscape is aesthetically pleasing! In addition, when we drive through the gate we get to hear a new welcoming phrase-

"Welcome to Fort Polk, Home of Heroes!"

I get my kicks from odd things, I know.

I don't think I'll ever miss hearing the "Welcome home" we heard as we pulled up to the gates in Georgia. That place never felt like home to me.

Anyway, here's a photo of our new place-



I have more, but they'll have to wait until later on in the week when we will actually have internet access at our house!

Meanwhile, we're livin' it up at the Army hotel-



We're working on school stuff, busying ourselves with signing into post, finding me a doc, etc. My appointment to meet with said doc is Wednesday. I'm pleased that I actually got an OB and I hope that I'm happy with the service here. Everyone has been extremely helpful at the hospital thus far and I truly can't complain. I just can't wait to see my little man again. I'm going to beg for an ultrasound this week because I haven't seen him since I was 20 weeks along.

Speaking of earlier on in the pregnancy, here's a photo of a fellow pregnant gal pal and me in GA, chowing down on some cupcakes-



Oh, to be that comfortable again. 2nd Trimester, how I miss thee. More on that later this week, though.

I'll be back to my regularly scheduled programming on Wednesday! If you can't wait, though...go order a copy of the recent magazine I was published in- Monroe Life. Woo hoo, Go Mama K!

That's what's new with me. What's new with you?

2 comments:

Becca said...

Yeay! Glad you are getting settled in the new digs. Quiet is good! Wishing you comfort and many, many, many more cupcakes :)

Mrs. K said...

Thank you, Becca! I can't wait to have my little man beside me every time I read a new post of yours.

Post a Comment

I know you've got something to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Freeborboleta Desings